Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Home, Sweet Haunted Home

      From Spring to Halloween in just one day!  lol  I told you back in April that I was going to  play each month in the Two Old Bats challenge where they give us a Mood Board for inspiration but the actual theme is just "Halloween."  This month, the mood board had lots of witch-related pics and here's my take.

     I stamped the silhouette onto vellum, then colored the scene from the back (using Promarkers.)  I cut the image with a QuicKutz die and inked the edges with a black ink pad to cover the 'white' lines that appear when vellum is cut.  

     The black frame was cut with a Spellbinders die.  I used my 'Linen' EF on orange CS and mounted that to the card front.  A really simple card but looking much fancier because of the frame.  


     Challenges:

     I love making Halloween cards and as I get new great-grand kids (2 expected this year!) it means mailing more cards each year since I still mail them to my kids, and all my grandkids as well.  So, making one Halloween card each month means that I don't have to do them all at once 3 days  before Halloween.  :-D  Kind of like working on the Christmas stash all year long.  Which reminds me, I haven't done a single Christmas card yet this year.  Yikes!  

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie    

9 comments:

MortiCraft said...

Fantastic card Connie. And your card looks as hot as the weather here in the UK despite it having a Halloween theme! Thanks for playing along with Uniko. X

Diane said...

WOW, what a beautiful scene you have created with one of my favorite techniques 'coloring on vellum'!! I love how the softness of the vellum even adds to the spookiness...fabulous!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, this is absolutely fantastic! I love the foggy night look with the vellum. The frame is perfect with it. I can't say enough about how awesome this is. Thanks so much for playing with us at Two Old Bats!

Darlene said...

Oh Connie this is fabulous! Great job! How fun that you still send Halloween cards to 'all' your kids. Congrats on the two new great grandbabies coming. We had our 2nd great grandson in April ... so much fun but that also means I'm getting OLD lol.
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE.

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Pattie G said...

This is so spooky. It goes perfectly with our theme “Things That Fly” at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie
Artist & Owner

candio said...

Super spooky sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday with Polkadoodles! Candace (DT)

Madison said...

Spooky but lovely. Great card.
Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Digichoosday Challenge. Madison x

Dalis said...

Love all your values of orange and that gorgeous spellbinder's die cut for the frame!

Thanks for playing with us @ Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge!

-- Dalis
http://stampergrl.wordpres.com

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome spooky scene! Love the haunted house in the background and that very shapely Witch is something too! Great Halloween card! Thanks for playing along with us at Two Old Bats June Halloween Challenge!