Sunday, June 27, 2021

Mortimer

      Late Sunday night in my time zone but it's already Monday over at Pammie's Inky Pinkies so a new weekly challenge has started.  Our theme is "Anything Goes" and our fantastic sponsor is Beccy's Place.  Beccy supplied images for the DT to use and I chose Mortimer from her fun and fabulous "Funny Farm" set.

     The facial expression said he really had doubts about how quickly birthdays arrive.  :-D

     I colored the image with ProMarkers and pencils, then cut it with a die from Spellbinders.  The background die cut is also a Spellbinders die and the only other embellishment I added was the baker's twine/jute cord combination.  I did take a few of the pieces which fall out of a die cut and added them to the top corners of the image piece.  It looks fancier than it is because of the die cuts.  This card will go to one of my grandsons this summer so I left it pretty CAS.


     Challenges:

     Come play with us this week, won't you?  Any image, any occasion, any project, it's Anything Goes!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie 

8 comments:

Monica C. said...

Yes, Mortimer's expression sure sums up our feelings! Lovely card, Connie
Hugs Monica

Barbara Bruder said...

This card is too funny. I love it. Thanks for sharing. (Hope you are doing well)

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love how your mind thinks. Fabulous card. hugs, Teresa

Beccy said...

Great colour scheme NanaConnie, the blue, grey and brown give you card a definite masculine vibe. Wonderful idea to add those little bits from the die cutting, I usually just throw them away but now I'll have to remember to save some. Love the double string bow too!
Cheers,
Beccy

Sue said...

This made me chuckle lol thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz hugs xx

NickScrapShack said...

This is so cool! Love this image from Beccy´s Place. I like the added sentiment! Thank you so much for playing along with us at I love ProMarkers. Best of luck with your entry, hope to see you back with us soon again! Nick.

Nandini said...

So cute and sweet! Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope to see you again soon! Nandini, DT

Judy Markowitz said...

Awww this is super cute! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}