Thursday, May 4, 2023

Zinnia

      I'm finally back with a post after a few days off with a cold or maybe a sinus infection, but whichever it is, it has just laid me low with no energy to even get out of bed.  But I'm on the upswing and decided to get this one posted before I forget it again.

     Last month, I was posting my card for the Progressive Challenge at The Outlawz on the last possible day at almost the last possible hour and I don't want to do that again.  The image they gave us is this lovely zinnia in a bottle and I made another card to add to my birthday stash.

     I colored with a combination of Sanjoki markers, gel pens, and water colors.  Can you guess which part is with which medium?  No, no, I'm not going to tell; I'll just let you guess.  :-D  I cut the image with a QuicKutz die and inked the edges with a marker.  The background dp is from a Paper House stack.  The butterflies were cut with a Memory Box die and the "Celebrate" sentiment was done with a Tim Holtz die by Sizzix.


     Challenges:

     That's it for today but I'll have another post tomorrow for the new challenge at Crafty Catz.  Do stop by then, won't you?  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I know in this part of the country, Allergies are wrecking havoc! Your image and card are lovely. Thanks for inspiring us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope to see more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

tilly said...

what wonderful shades you have used on your card, such a pretty flower xx

Diane said...

Beautiful image and card, such a pretty Zinnia!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

jimlynn said...

Beautiful!! Love that image AND your coloring on it too. So pretty.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely gorgeous card NC! I love the bloom and your color choices here! So you were literally down to the last wire! I've done that many of times and it sure doesn't make it fun, but stressful! You've done it up beautifully though and I love the added butterflies! Happy weekend and hope you feel better soon! HUGS

Sandra said...

Beautiful NanaConnie!! Thanks for playing again in the Outlawz Prgressive challenge!
Ok, my guess, gelpen for the white parts on flowers, marker for the flower and stem, and water color for the water/vase

Helen said...

Beautiful image - you've showcased it perfectly.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge.

Helen x
DT

AndrejaM said...

Zelo lepo si ustvarjala! Hvala ker z metulji sodeluješ pri CRAFT-alnici

Goga said...

Krasna voščilnica z metulji, hvala za družbo v Craft-alnici. Goga

Rachel said...

What a great entry! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge!
Rachel DT