Monday, May 15, 2023

First Edition

      I'm sharing an image today that's new to me, and it came from Beccy's Place.  The set is called "Book Lovers" and I merged one of the sentiments from the set with this particular image to turn it into a birthday card.  

     I colored the image using my Sanjoki markers, added a few highlights with gel pens, then cut it with a square die from QuicKutz.  I trimmed each of the corners to make it an uneven, octagon shape.  I inked the edges with an ink pad.  The background CS was embossed twice; first with my 'Linen' EF, then with a dandelion folder by Darice.   My final touch was the gemstone butterfly, which has been in my stash for ages.  In fact, everything, including the embossing folders, came from my stash.


     Challenges:
Butterfly (pink, persimmon, plum, pistachio)
Paper Funday

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Joanne D said...

Super nice card. You did a fabulous job.

Donna Walls said...

Great image and coloring, and the embossed panel in the background is a lovely addition. Thanks for playing along and supporting the Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

jimlynn said...

You don't even have to be a book lover to love this pretty card! Awesome and I love the sentiment!
Lynn

Melanie Hungerford said...

Oh my, I love that image! What a perfect background for it - love the color and the embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

Sheryl said...

This is a beautiful image and sentiment NanaConnie.
Thank you so much for entering our birthday blog hop at CRAFT Challenge remember to add this card to each DT blog to be in with a chance of winning more prizes.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

*Vicki* said...

Beautiful card Connie! I love the texture in the background to go with the flower in your image! That sentiment goes so well with this image too!

Kerry Charles said...

A beautiful card. I love Beccy's Place Stamps. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge for our Birthday Blog Hop. Kerry (DT)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card, lovely image and sentiment, lovely colouring too Connie.
Faith x

Beccy said...

I'm loving that embossing NanaConnie, especially the linen texture, it reminds me of the old Bazzill cardstock I used to buy. Great colour too. I love the way you've coloured the image... the darker tones give the books a wonderful aged-look.
Cheers,
Beccy

R's Rue said...

So cute.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Catie Cuddles said...

What a lovely design with a fab image.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I have this image too and can't wait to use it. You did a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenges!! Always happy to see you!
Hugs

Mrs A. said...

Great colouring of this lovely image. I am a book lover so this is right up my street. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs mrs A.

Goga said...

Krasni metulji, hvala za družbo v Craft-alnici. Goga

Rachel said...

Love how you colored this image! That sentiment is great too! Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge! Rachel DT