Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Butterfly Birthday

      The other day I made a card with a butterfly gem on it and, as I was photographing that card, a butterfly landed momentarily on my windowpane.  That reminded me that despite the really hot weather we're having this week (including 1 official day over 100 degree F!), it is still a month before spring turns into summer and I wanted to use a few more butterflies before spring was gone.

     I dug through my stash of cutting dies and came up with this die set from Brutus Monroe - relatively new but so far unused.  I decided then and there on a card with all die cuts and no stamping of any kind.  I went and checked on the theme options at The Butterfly Challenge.  What I love most about that challenge is that there are always lots of options, including colors, a theme, and a different card fold.  This time, I've used all 4 of the color options (plum, persimmon, pistachio, & pink), plus the theme (Pearls), plus butterflies, although I skipped the fancy card fold.

     All the papers and CS came from my scrap basket.  The pink dp for the first butterfly came from Stampin' Up, and the pistachio CS for the second butterfly was from Recollections.  I ran it through my 'Linen' EF before cutting it with the dies.  The butterflies themselves were cut from a plum CS scrap.  The sentiment was also part of the Brutus Monroe die set.

     The persimmon paper is a scrap from a Lawn Fawn stack, the back side of a dp with leaves but for this card, I preferred the solid side.   I added a row of small pearls to each butterfly body and then used 3 larger pearls at the top of the persimmon strip.  My final touch was to hand tie a bow using stitched, grosgrain ribbon.  Quite a lot done for such a CAS card with lots of white space.


I based this on the sketch from There's a Stamp for That.

     Challenges:
Outlawz SAR ("Butterfly and bug")

     Have yourself a wonderful spring day.  Unfortunately, we're set for another hot, hot, HOT day in my part of the country, but maybe our weather will cool down again before summer actually arrives.  The weather forecasters say we might be back in the low 80s for a short while in another 10 days or so.  I'm hoping they're right!   

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

*Vicki* said...

I really love how you've done these butterflies NC! The different colors/patterns work great behind them! The purple and pink stitched bow work perfectly with this too! Beautiful CAS!

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really lovely card, good use of the colours too. Beautiful butterflies. As for your weather, we are just making 20C (68f) but it has a cool wind, so doesn't feel like it. Would love a little warmth, which we are promised in a few weeks? We'll see.
Faith x

Mrs A. said...

Two lovely butterflies. We had two sets of dragonflies laying eggs over the pond at the weekend. It was really interesting to watch them. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me again. Hugs Mrs A.