Saturday, May 27, 2023

Autumn Deer

      It's time for another challenge at FarmQuest and that means another "farm country" card with a  theme.  This time the theme is "Deer."  Pretty hard to find deer without finding 'country' (unless they are in the zoo) but I loved this clip art image which has a farm feel with the old, faded barn in the background

     I printed the image in grayscale, then used water color pencils, blended with gamsol, to color it.  The white highlights were made with a white, polychromos pencil, left unblended.  I cut the image with a die from Tonic Studios, and the white frame with the printed sentiment was cut with a QuicKutz die.  I used my "Linen" embossing folder on the gold CS I chose for the card front to give it all some texture.


     Challenges:
(links to be added when I return home after the Memorial Day weekend)

     I really think I'm reacting to the unusual 'summer-feeling' weather we've been having when the calendar keeps telling me it's still spring.  Maybe I'm hoping to jump right past summer (which is always miserably hot in my part of the world and I dislike heat more than anything) and into fall.  At least, I was thinking about the crisp evenings at dusk which come with fall weather when I chose the colors for this image.  Sigh... fingers crossed the air conditioning is affordable for the next four or five months.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

2 comments:

Lori m said...

Beautiful country card and image, hugs, Lori m

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous image NC! I love catching the deer along our drive through the highway and seeing them out in the cornfields! Beautiful coloring and a wonderful simple design! I do hope you're able to find some cool days my friend.