Sunday, May 7, 2023

Meet Me at the Barn

      Here it is, time for another challenge over at FarmQuest General Store, where our theme is always "Anything Country Goes."  You can't get more farm country than a barn and I love this old Barn image from Bugaboo Stamps (I miss them!  ;-( )  The cow and the pig are also from Bugaboo and I had such fun merging all three images to create this scene.  The scene makes me think of the old, old WWII song, "How You Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm (after they've seen Paris.)"

     I colored with my Sanjoki markers, then cut the image with a rectangle die from QuicKutz.  I used a Fiskars punch on the corners.  The 2 scraps of golden CS in the background were embossed with my Linen EF, and I used another scrap of charcoal CS between them to cover the entire card front.  I printed the sentiment and cut it with an Avery Elle die.


     Challenges:
Park Hopping (Knott's Berry Farm)

     Why don't you create something country and come play in our challenge?  It's a monthly challenge and runs until June 5 and then a new one starts on June 7.  We'd love to see you there.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

This reminds me of the barn we have on some family property. Nothing prettier than an old barn - and love these cute little animals in front too. I miss all the Bugaboo images. Cute, cute card Connie!
Lynn

Makira said...

🧡🧡🧡 this! Such a cute card! Your coloring is precious. Thank you for joining us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. I hope you have a creative & peaceful week. Cheers, Makira

*Vicki* said...

Super cute farm scene with the barn and animals! I miss the Bugaboo as well and have so many images that I can still use from them! Wonderful coloring and I love how you've added the bit of yellow highlight over the red barn!

Elaine Stark said...

An adorable scene . Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Connie. I love the cute scene you've created and your colouring of the images is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a fun farm card Connie and lovely colouring … that little piggy is too cute

Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Dewi Lestari said...

Too cute! Thanks for joining at The Paper Shelter #552 Days of Old
Hugs
Dewi

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful scene Connie, such fun.
Faith x

Lori Podolsky said...

Hi Connie! What a wonderful card! Thank you for playing along with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again. Lori - DT

Ilonka said...

A beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Donna Walls said...

Yes, I miss Bugaboo too! They were my first DT and the first images I started to color. I hope Jodi is well, wherever she is. Your card is adorable, Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge