Monday, May 22, 2023

Panda Birthday

      My sister-in-law and her granddaughter have birthdays this week and they will be celebrating them together.  My niece (SIL's daughter and granddaughter's mother) decided on a theme of panda bears.  While she and my daughter are working madly on decorations for the party, including making "bamboo" out of pool noodles and card stock leaves, I got started on birthday cards for each of them, and, yes, I did stick with the theme.  :-D  Today I'm sharing the one I made for my grandniece and will share the one for my SIL tomorrow.

     I searched for clip art, panda images, preferably pre-colored to save time, and found two which I thought really worked well together.  I had to check with my niece to ascertain her daughter's favorite color and it turns out it's the same as my own favorite, PURPLE !  How delightful that it worked so well with the image I had chosen.

     I embossed a scrap of CS and found another scrap, this time of dp, in the basket, using them to make the background.  The card was cut with a Tonic Studios die, then matted in white.  The sentiment came from Beccy's Place.  I finished the card by adding flowers and gems from Petaloo.

     Challenges:

     I hope you'll stop by tomorrow to see the card for my SIL.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Lori m said...

Beautiful Birthday panda card, hugs, Lori m

Jinny said...

What an adorable card! Love your color choice and all the great details. Thank you for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your sentiment fits the lovely and cute Panda perfectly Connie, what a delightful card.
Faith x

Darlene said...

Oh Connie, what a sweet image! You've showcased him perfectly! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
Co-Owner
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Donna Walls said...

Such an adorable Panda! Thanks for inspiring us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

jimlynn said...

Precious card Connie! Love the design and of course that cute image.
Lynn

Helen said...

That is so cute - love it!

Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Helen x
DT

stampinwithanita said...

What a darling card! Cute cute panda and love your layout. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

Julie B said...

Such a cute image, thanks for sharing at HLS Birthday.:)

BożenA said...

Wow! Your card is really beautiful. The perfect birthday card. Thank you for including her in our gallery at HLS Birthday.
Bożena DT HLS

Rachel said...

Wow! That image is stunning! Great card, and gotta love themed parties!!!! :)
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge! Rachel DT