Friday, May 19, 2023

Crazy Island

       With our strange weather (high 90 degree F days already and for several days in a row - what happened to Spring???), the OPTIONAL theme of our challenge at Crafty Catz this week is perfect - "Summer."  Of curse, we're always an Anything Goes challenge but we give you a fun optional topic if you want to use it.

     Our sponsor for this challenge is Mirtillamente and the image I used is called "Crazy Island."  They are offering a prize of 2 images of your choice from their store.

     I colored the image with Sanjoki markers and highlights were done with a white gel pen.  I cut the image with a stitched, scalloped die from Memory Box.  The square frame was cut with a die from Lawn Fawn.  I thought the two different stitched dies worked well together and I like the opposition of a circle and a square.

     The background 'denim' dp is a scrap from a Recollections stack and the flowers came from Petaloo.


     Challenges:
     
     Come play along with us this week.  You could be the winner!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A delightful card the white die pops out with the blue background
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Chris said...

Phew 90 already!!! That's hot. It's about 60 here today, a bit chilly but prefer it to 90! Your card has a lovely summer vibe, love how you've framed the image, perfect choice of colours and beautiful colouring.
xx

Sheryl said...

Love this image NC as always beautifully coloured.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness, I'm not ready for 90s, NC!! Your card is super cute and the image is colored up beautifully! Sometimes I think I need to escape to a place like that myself!! LOL!!

Linda Mc Enery said...

A wonderful idea to use your stitched dies. Wonderful Summer image and a great sentiment. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

tilly said...

What an idyllic scene you have created, it looks so peaceful xx

ahlers5 said...

Love this card. So cute!

Kampin' Karen said...

Connie, your scene is so refreshing. I'm in FL so I know all about no spring! TFS your creation at PIP.
Karen, DT

Crafty KJ said...

Such a cute little image and those stitched dies look great together! A fun little sentiment too! Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

The Crafty Den said...

Such a pretty card Connie. The image is lovely and your colouring is perfect. I love all your layers and colour choices. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

valscraftings said...

A beautiful summer scene!
Thanks for joining in our challenge!
Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns