Sunday, May 14, 2023

Blue Shelf

      Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

     Today I want to share the last Mother's Day card I made this year and it may be one of my favorites.  I love the blue monochrome and the homey feel of the shelf.  This would have been happy living in my mom's house and she would have loved it, especially all the different flowers in pots and baskets.  :-D

      This was a clip art image which I printed in grayscale, then colored with pale blue Copic markers.  I fussy cut the image and ran it through my Cuttlebug using my 'Linen' EF.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  I added half inch wide, sheer ribbon and used it to also tie a triple loop bow using my bow maker.  The background dp came from a DCWV stack.


     Challenges:
As You Like It (spring over summer because I love using spring flowers and pastel colors)

     Enjoy what's left of your weekend and, if you still have your mom, do something special for her.  :-D

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous, it reminds me of Delft Pottery, love the shape of the piece on the grey background.
Faith x

*Vicki* said...

Wow, that is really brilliant NC! I love the blue tone over the image and the idea with the linen folder over it really stands out beautifully! The ribbon adds such a soft feel to the design too!

Anne Fenton said...

OMGosh your card is beautiful!! I love the blue tones. Thanks for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

Donna Walls said...

My mother had loads of Blue Willow China and this reminds me of those beautiful pieces in her China Cabinet, which now live in mine. Great card Connie, Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Brenda said...

What a great technique. It gives your image such a beautiful, soft look. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at As You Like It Challenge!

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

jaybea said...

This is so lovely,any mother would like it,I like the way you have printed out the image and then coloured it
Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

Anne Fenton said...

OMGosh I love your card, the blues are gorgeous, thanks for joinng the Festive Friday challenge.

Rachel said...

Wow-I love how you did this image-so very cool! Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge! Rachel DT