Monday, May 8, 2023

The Duchess

      My card today features one of my favorite roses, the Duchess.  I remember my mother had one of these bushes in her rose garden when I was a young child.  It was such a delicate pink with a hint of lavender and white edges on the petals.  I used this for a Mother's Day card in honor of my mom who's been gone for more than 30 years now.

     I used my Sanjoki markers to color the rose and leaves, then cut the image with a stitched die from CUTplorations.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  The background paper came from a Paper House stack.  I added 3 rows of tiny gems along the right side and added one gem to the center of the rose.  It just didn't need any further embellishment.  :-D


     Challenges:
The Four Seasons
Triple B

     That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely stunning Connie! Love the rich color with this elegant looking flower! The gems add a nice sparkle too!

Diane said...

A gorgeous Rose, I know I would love to have it in MY garden, nice memory of your Mom!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons, Triple B and Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane FS and TB Co-Owner and BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Triple B}
{Stencil Fun}

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous Rose image and I love the Purple! Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Donna Ellis said...

wooooo! I love the white highlights in your petals, Connie! Beautiful, bejeweled Blossoms! It doesn't get any better than that. Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Happy Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Sandy said...

Wow Beautiful Rose card! All your kittys are cute too. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.
We hope you will come back and play along with us again soon.
Sandy, DT Coordinator

Karen Letchworth said...

What a gorgeous card, Connie. I love the purple paper and your beautiful florals. This is so lovely. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. It's always appreciated and we look forward to having you share with us again soon. Have a blessed week.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous Connie, a lovely remembrance rose and card for your Mum. Also a beautifully designed card.
Faith x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Such a stunning rose - wish the ones in my garden looked this good. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

Anne Fenton said...

This is so beautiful, I lovbe the rose!! Thank you for joining the Festive Friay challenge.

Helen said...

Beautifully coloured and I love the gems you added.

Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love the coloring of the flowers. The rhinestone additions are so pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenges.
Nora
CIC DT Member

Anne Fenton said...

Lovely card, the rose is beautiful. Thank you for joining the Outlawz Festive Friday challenge.