Monday, August 27, 2018

Hedgies with Poppies

     I think hedgies are my favorite critters (don't tell the cats!) especially for making cards.  Poppies are one of my favorite flowers so this darling image from Di's Digi Designs was a delight to color.  When I checked their current challenge theme, they want to see Fancy Folds so I took a standard gate fold card and turned it sideways so that the 'gate' opens top and bottom.  Sounds weird, I know, but let me show you the pic and you'll immediately see what I mean.


     I used water colors on the image and cut it and the frame with scalloped circle dies from Sizzix.

     I used kraft CS to make the card base and scored an 8.5 inch x 5.5 inch piece at the 1.5 inch line and the 2.5 inch line, leaving the middle section 5.5 x 4.25 (standard A2 size.)  The dp (Recollections) was a scrap and it worked perfectly with the color combo - beige background to complement the kraft and red flowers to pair up with the image and frame.

     I folded on the score lines and adhered the image to the top flap.  I tied a bowtie bow, dyed it red with a ProMarker, and added it to the bottom of the image.  Finally, I printed the sentiment, hand cut it and matted it with a scrap of red CS, then hand cut it again, attaching it at the top of the card.

     My next door neighbor loves poppies - any color, any size, and any variety so I'm giving this one to her for her birthday next month.  That should 'brighten her day' and make it an occasion.  :-D

     Challenges:
Crafty Friends
Everybody Art
Hiding in My Craft Room
House that Stamps Built
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrappy Land
Send a Smile 4 Kids

     That's all I have for this first day of the work week.  Have a great week and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, I love the cute image. Have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Hedgies really are fun for cards - and this one is so pretty with them on it. Love those beautiful poppies and your great gate fold card. It looks great turned that way!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow that red really pops nicely with the kraft colored background! The heggies are just adorable here Connie! Really great card my friend! HUGS

Donna said...

Beautiful card and coloring! So glad you join us at The House That Stamps Built.

Lori Kobular said...

Oh those poppies look so pretty with those adorable critters! Love all the red on your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

nnalorac said...

Love the fold and your choice of image, beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us on dis digi designs challenge blog. Carol xx

Heather said...

This is super cute!! Adorable image and the gatefold on its side is a fun twist! Love the cute little bow, too! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built and Jo's Scrap Shack and Di's Digi Designs.

Jessica K said...

A very sweet card for sure! Love the sweet little mice. Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland this week!

Jess - DT
www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

Esther Asbury said...

Super cute image and lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along in the Anything Goes challenge over at The House That Stamps Built!

Nathalie said...

Fantastic card! I love red color. Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
Nathalie DT

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card.....Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Challenge and using one of Di's images :)
Wendy xx