Tuesday, August 7, 2018

For Love of a Dog

     I want everyone to know that I closed the door and banned the feline fur babies from the craft room while I write up this post.  They'd be complaining if they knew I was honoring dogs in general and one canine in particular.  lol  Hey, at least I'm staying true to loving fur critters better than those with feathers.  For me, that's probably because I think it's easier to color fur than it is feathers.

     This darling image is from Dragon's Lair and is for their monthly progressive challenge.  But I'm using it to honor Rambo, the best friend of a dear blogging buddy of mine, Lynn.  Rambo is a ferocious guard dog, fiercely protecting his family and home from invading cats and squirrels, despite the fact that his legs are only inches tall.  Go get 'em, Rambo!


     Since Rambo is a red doxie instead of black, I mixed as many shades as I could of red-brown water colors to color the image.  I used ProMarkers to do the nose, the eyes, and his collar.  I used Tonic Studios dies to cut the image and the frame.  As a salute to Lynn, I did a CAS design and added twine, both of which she does on most of her cards.  I really like the CAS for this one because it showcases dear Rambo so beautifully and makes a great masculine card.  :-D

     Challenges:
Addicted to CAS
As You Like It
Crafty Addicts
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lemon Shortbread
Scrappy Land
That's Crafty
Word Art Weds.
Work It Weds.

     Lynn, I hope you love this and I can't wait to see your own version of this.  Hug Rambo for me but don't tell the cats!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh this is gorgeous, it does indeed look like Lynn's Rambo! I bet she will love this too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Awe!! This is absolutely precious!! Rambo is quite the character as most doxies tend to be on inches long legs! LOL!! You've done such a beautiful job with the coloring and I'm sure this will be loved so much by Lynn! :) HUGS

jimlynn said...

My heart is melting! This looks so much like Rambo!! Fantastic coloring on here Connie. WOW! I haven't gotten mine yet and am afraid to now since there's no way I could ever color like this. Rambo is going to LOVE looking at "his" card - as soon as he gets up from his afternoon nap. He's going to think he's looking in a mirror! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! It truly is an honor! Hugs!!!!

Multiplicity Crafts said...

What a darling little card! Really caught my eye!

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my sweetness!! I love that image and it does look just like Rambo! Dogs are just the best friends!!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

He is fabulous. Love your coloring. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JSS

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done with the gorgeous stamp! Thanks so much for sharing this month at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie

Lynne said...

A fabulous cas card and cute image. I love his name for such a cute little doggie. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT x

Sherrie K. said...

Adorable image and card design! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

ike said...

Wonderful colouring :-)

Ellenor said...

This card is adorable, love your colouring :)
Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS - Ellenor

Donna Ellis said...

I can hear your kitties yowling at the door this very minute, demanding to know what is going on in there that is not privy to their eyes! Your doxy is GORGEOUSLY colored. The red doxies are the main color I'm acquainted with, and you have captured the rich tones beautifully, Connie! It's a wonderful card! hugs, de

Sarah said...

This is a gorgeous card and you have certainly nailed the fur!! Thank you for sharing with us at AYLI. Sarah DT

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge The Crafty Addicts
DT Maria

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous card and thanks so much for sharing it with us at our Animal Magic challenge over at That's Crafty!
Fliss DT x