Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Dandelions in the Wind

     I remember as a child discovering how much fun it was to blow on dandelions and watch their delicate seeds drift all over the yard.  I also remember my mom telling me not to do that because she hated having to dig the dandelion plants out of the lawn.  But the temptation was just soooo great.  lol

     Anyway, when I first saw the Dandelion Sprite image at AuroraWings, I bought it and I'm using it on this card today to celebrate a friend's birthday. 


AuroraWings has a sketch challenge this month.


      I colored with ProMarkers, added glitter to the dandelion and seeds, and used Nuvo Crystal Drops on the sprite's flower petals.  The image was cut with stitched dies from Die-Namics.  I also cut the yellow background CS with the largest of those dies and inlaid the image.

     The leaves were cut with a Cheery Lynn die, and the butterfly was cut from burlap paper with a Cottage Cuts die.  I added a strip of Nuvo Crystal Drops for the butterfly's body and added little touches of it to the flowers, too.  The flowers were in  my stash as was the net 'ribbon.' 

     I printed and hand cut the sentiment, inked the edges and adhered it to the card.  I added the birthday sentiment to the inside but forgot to photograph it and the card is already in the mail.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More
Crafting by Designs
Creates and Makes
Outlawz Greetings
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Paper Shelter
Passion for ProMarkers
TTCRD
Tuesday Throwdown

     Hey, do you realize that we're halfway to the weekend?  Only 2 more days to go.  Woohoo!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A REALLY Beautiful card Connie, I LOVE dandelions, such happy sunny flowers and this card portrays that. (I love them even in the lawn, although I pick their heads off before they seed LOL)
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

So pretty and she really does look like she's swinging with your tilted card design like that. Love the colors!!!
The temptation is STILL too great for me and yes, I blow on them! LOL!

Lynn

Carol L said...

Thanks for bringing back some wonderful childhood memories of blowing dandelions! I just love this cute card with the touches of mesh and burlap and that darling image that you colored beautifully! Sweet!

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful Connie, love this cute sprite and wonderful textures.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

*Vicki* said...

Oh I just love this Connie! :) What a happy and fun design with the colors and sweet image! I agree with you about the dandelions!! Always spent days outside in the Summer...I think this is what kids miss now-a-days! :) HUGS

DonnaMundinger said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch Connie! So sweet and summery with gorgeous colors and texture. Love the extra sparkle that lends a magical touch. I;m sure your friend will be thrilled with this beauty. Thanks so much for joining our Sketch Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining in at Crafting by Designs

Lori Kobular said...

Oh I love all the textures on this beauty! That image is so sweet and I love all that yellow, such a bright and sunny card!

Ella's Design said...

What a sunny card, Connie! Love the sweet little sprite and fab colouring too. Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

Dawn Sirdefield said...

Super take on the sketch Connie, love the bright zingy colours you have used on sweet little dandelion sprite. Thanks for joining in with our Sketch challenge at Aurora Wings this time. Good luck.
Dawn DT xxx

Shelly said...

Really cute little card. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers, Shelly x

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the Monday Greetings challenge at The Outlawz Challenges this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Happy crafting,
Angela
Monday Greetings DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}

theoutlawzchallenges.ning.com

Theresa said...

sweet card.like your mum i hate dandelions as they just multiply. thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx.

Cards By MI said...

Running a bit late but want to thank you for joining our challenge last week over at The Paper Shelter.
Love n hugs
Marie

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Gorgeous card and I love the addition of the burlap paper and netting! Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations again. Hugs, Gwendolyn

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Thank you for sharing your memory of blowing dandelion seeds! I love doing that, too. You've really captured that warm memory and everything that's innocent and cheerful in this card. Such sweetness! Thank you for joining our sketch challenge at Aurora Wings, Nana Connie. Mitzi xx