Thursday, August 16, 2018

Staying in Shape

     I'm playing in one of my favorite progressive challenges today - the one over at The Outlawz.    The image this month is from Sandra Caldwell and I like this hippo's idea of a perfect diet (and a perfect shape!)  :-D


     She's colored with ProMarkers and die cut with a die from Spellbinders. I backed the image piece with deep pink CS, then cut it again with another die from that set.  I used that outer die to cut the card front and inlaid the image, making it a single layer card (but for the bow and sentiment.) 

     The bow is made from a strip of lace.  I did several of those all in one afternoon, trying to use up various scraps of lace which were in my ribbon stash.  I got more than two dozen bows using those scraps.

     The sentiment was printed, hand cut, matted, and hand cut again.

     Challenges:
Angie's Digital Stamps
Cute N Crafty
Dream Valley
Fussy and Fancy
Hiding in My Craft Room
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Southern Girls

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Too much fun! Round really is a shape too. LOL! Love your fun and cute card. The image is precious.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

This is just so cute Connie, love the image and wonderful die frame.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

LOL! She makes me giggle and I love delicious looking donut she's holding! Fabulous pink colors and fun sentiment! HUGS

Sue Crease said...

Gorgeous card thanks for sharing with us today over at LPCF

Terri Winske said...

A very sweet image and card, and I really like that hippo's line of thought! Very pretty coloring and a great layout! Thank you so much for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge at PIP Challenges this week!

Lori Kobular said...

Oh what a great stamp! I love the hippo's idea of a good diet too!! I'm with her!! Love all the pinks!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

EXCELLENT, love the colours, a Super card Connie, now I have to finish mine LOL.
Faith
x