Saturday, August 11, 2018

Pegasus in Purple

     I'm a Guest Designer for Sketch Saturday this month and this is my second card for them but a completely new sketch.  They have new sketches and new challenges each week.  The sketch this week was both fun and fancy.

     The sponsor for this week is LeAnn's World 101.  She has some of the most adorable images!  Go check them out.  I used one called "Daisy's Friend" and was delighted that the friend is Pegasus.  :-D

     A quick personal story - I first discovered Pegasus through reading.  As a child, summer meant plenty of reading time (without any teachers telling you what you had to read) and one summer, I discovered Greek Mythology.  That led to a love of all fantasy creatures and to this day, unicorns, fairies, mermaids, and especially Pegasus, all mean summer time to me.


Here's the sketch.
     I colored with ProMarkers, deciding to use a monochromatic range of my favorite color, purple.  I cut the image and purple frame with dies from my newest Tonic Studios set.  I love that die set.  It has alternating sizes of plain and scalloped rectangles.  Once I had the image cut with the  die, I carefully cut it into 6 "inchie" squares.

     I laid those out on the frame piece, spacing them carefully to get the 'window' look.  Once adhered, I layered that entire piece onto the background dp (Stampin' Up), then put that onto deep purple CS.

     I printed and added the sentiment, substituting it for the little flag piece.

     Challenges:
As You Like It (Fur or feathers?  How about both!  But fur is still easier to color.)

     I'll see you again next Saturday with another sketch.  In the meantime, come play with us, won't you?  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

It's a beautiful and magical card! Love it. The card just somehow goes with that sketch too.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

This is just gorgeous, love the purple and wonderful interpretation of the sketch.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

I love unicorns, fairies, dragons and pegasus! Your card is a delight and I remember getting a magazine over the summer through the book mobile at my school and I loved when it arrived!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVED Greek mythology as a child Connie, love the magic of it all and your card certainly has it in droves, love it.
Faith
x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

My daughter became enamored with Greek mythology when she was a child, too. Your image is so pretty and I love how you made your card!

Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Your Favorite Color challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

ScrappyHorses said...

This is so adorable! Love the digi and your design is perfect! I feel like I'm peeking in through a window at this magical scene! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Pattie G said...

This is so cute! It goes perfect with our current challenge “Anything Goes” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
Pattie
Artist and Owner

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Granmargaret said...

Congratulations on being guest designer. Lovely card. I hope you don't mind but I copied your idea.
I said I copied your idea and linked to your blog.

NanaConnie said...

I'm flattered and honored, Margaret. :-D

DIANA L. said...

This is really cute. I love the images and the colors you used.
Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #234 “summer”. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Tink said...

Cute card! Thank you for joining the challenge at Patties creations.
Patties creations DT Ellen