Monday, August 13, 2018

Peacock

     I'm sharing a card this morning which was the result of my daughter challenging me to CASE a photo she found on the internet.  It was this picture of a beautiful peacock.


     Now, what you need to know is that I love peacocks but coloring them is something that intimidates me.  I don't think she knows that or she probably wouldn't have challenged me to CASE that one.  But we can't disappoint our children, so...

     I searched my files for a peacock image but the only two I had were pre-colored and I felt that wouldn't fit what she wanted to see from me.  I haven't collected many peacock images just because coloring them intimidates me.  However, I did find an embroidery pattern which I scanned and reduced to make it feel a bit like a digi image.  I've never tried coloring embroidery patterns before although I've embroidered my share of them with embroidery floss.  :-D  Here's what it looks like after I scanned it.


     And here's what I did with it.


     I colored with ProMarkers, adding super fine glitter to the head and neck and using gold paint pen on the lattice work.   I also used gold paint on the edges of the image after die cutting it with a rectangle die from Tonic Studios.  I'm thinking that I might like to try coloring this one again but using my polychromos pencils.  I'm sure it will give a very different look to that magnificent bird.

     I knew I wanted to bring out the main colors in the peacock so I used another Tonic Studios rectangle die to cut scraps of turquoise and green CS.  I put those together on an angle, then layered on the image.  I chose a purple CS scrap to make the card front and added a scrap of lace to it before adding the image.

     I added the sentiment but did not embellish the card because I didn't want anything to distract from the peacock.

     Challenges:
Cards in Envy
Crafter's Castle
Crafty Friends
Creates and Makes
Hiding in My Craft Room
Incy Wincy
Jo's Scrap Shack
Pile It On
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Stamping Sensations

     I rather like my first attempt at coloring a peacock and I'm proud enough of it to share it on my blog.  I did send a photo of it to my daughter as soon as it was finished (rather than making her wait until she came over or we had coffee together) and she pronounced it "Beautiful!"  lol

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

brenda said...

I think you have done a super job of coluring and casibg that beautiful peacock, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is stunning Connie, gorgeous colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wei said...

Wow~You've done an awesome how of coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards In Envy for the Something New challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

jimlynn said...

Whoa!! Connie, this is absolutely sensational!! Your coloring on it is spot on too. WOW! I'm glad you found that embroidery pattern - it's so beautiful! You better watch out though - now she's going to want you to embroider it too!
Beautiful!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Wowzer!! I have to say that you certainly have arose to her challenge for you!! It's always fun to challenge yourself and now the rewards are seeing the results from that! Such an amazing job and how cool that you've used an embroidery pattern in this way!! So impressed with you friend! :) HUGS

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! Your card looks incredible! I love the peacock and your colored it perfectly! The lace is a great addition on your gorgeous card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

STUNNING!, as the others have said WOW! what amazing work COnnie, you should be really proud of this fabulous colouring.
Faith
x

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely peacock card… beautiful colouring.
Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Sally H said...

A gorgeous creation, Connie! great colouring too. Thanks for sharing your favourite stamp with us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Warrell Creations said...

Beautiful job! Thank you for joining us at Pile It On! Challenge Blog! ~ Marciava Warrell Design Team Member