Thursday, August 30, 2018

Birthday Balloons

     I need to add several more birthday cards to my stash and most of them need to be CAS and masculine.  Fortunately, I love doing both of those and even better when I can combine them.

     I've had this balloon image (Bugaboo Stamps) for a while and I can't remember ever using it but I love the color combo from the Catch the Bug challenge this week and knew it would work wonderfully with this image.


Color Palette from Catch the Bug and 
sketch from Stella Says Sketch.

   

     I used ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it with a pinpoint die from Memory Box.  I inked the edges of the rectangle.  Both of the papers I used were in my scrap basket and they were perfect for the color combo.  The green, polka dot, paper is from Stampin' Up and it was in the very first batch of SU papers I ever bought so it has to be among the oldest things in my paper stash, if not the oldest.  :-D

     The scalloped border piece, which I used across the middle of the card, was cut with a die from Cheery Lynn.  I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, matted it with dark green CS, and added it to the top of the card.  I found the three, blue pearls and added them to the bottom corner.  That was it - a CAS and masculine card for the birthday stash.

     Challenges:
Die Cuttin' Divas
Digi Choosday
Hiding in My Craft Room
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lemon Shortbread
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Pile It On
TTCRD

     The weekend is almost here and, for those of us in the US, it's a long weekend as we celebrate Labor Day.  That particular 'holiday' has always intrigued me.  We are celebrating "Labor" by doing our absolute best to not labor for the entire 3 days.  lol

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Connie, love how you have coloured the balloons and love the layout.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Connie! Fantastic coloring on those balloons! I just LOVE the colors and it's a fabulous CAS style masculine card too! Awesome job! HUGS

Scrapper69 said...

Super CUTE card! LOVE the color combo! Thanks for playing along with us over at Die Cuttin Divas! :) Have a great day!

Theresa (DCD DT)

Julie Odil said...

This is so cute, Connie! It is a great color combo, isn't it? I also love the dies you used on your card. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog. Julie, guest designer at Bugaboo Stamps

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great design and I love the colour combo.
Faith
x

Chris said...

Fabulous....love that you combined the sketch and the colour challenge! Thanks for playing along at Catch the Bug.
Chris
x

Andrea said...

Very nice. Thanks for joining us in our week 35 Anything Goes challenge at Digi Choosday Challenge

Helen said...

Fab card - love blue & green together!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x

Lori Kobular said...

Great card with those colorful balloons!

Lisa Lynn said...

Wonderful birthday balloons. I know that I am always behind on masculine cards for my stash, hehe. Thanks for joining in the Stella Says Sketch Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Julie said...

Great birthday card
Thanks for joining us at Digi Chooseday
Julie T

Wendy said...

ooo! I am in love with your color palette!! The whole card is just full of bright celebration. I esp like the edge detail & your 3 gun metal pearls! Thanks for sharing with us all at PIP Challenges :)
Wendy PIP DT
http://Hi-Regards.blogspot.com