Thursday, August 23, 2018

Sparkling Christmas

     As I said before in an earlier post, I spent most of last weekend making Halloween and Christmas cards and today I'm sharing another of the Christmas cards.  If there's someone on your list who doesn't celebrate Christmas, I suppose it could be used for a celebration of the Winter Solstice.  But I celebrate Christmas so it's a Christmas card.  ;-D


     The sentiment image is from Limited Runs and I printed it large enough to take up almost 3/4 of this card.  I used sparkle gel pen to 'color' the snowflakes in the letters and used "Diamond" glitter to make the frame. 

     I had the very narrow white and gold ribbon in my Christmas stash and I wrapped it around the card front before adding the sentiment piece.  The iridescent glittered bow is made from die cut pieces.  Unfortunately, I don't know who made the die.  I made half a dozen of the bows at a crafting party we set up for exchanging the use of dies.  Someone brought that die as her contribution to the party and anyone interested could use it.

     If you've never done that kind of crafting party, you really should think about organizing one.  I think we had about 10 ladies who attended, each one bringing some kind of unusual die (it could be any crafting tool or supply, depending on what interests the group) and each person brought their own paper and CS supplies.  I also took images I had already colored because I knew one of the ladies was bringing a set of framing dies which I could use to cut them.

     But, back to this bow - I assembled it (totally new for me - I've never "assembled" bows before - tied them, yes, but not "assembled"!) and added it to the narrow ribbon, nearly obscuring  that poor ribbon altogether!  With all that sparkle, I called it finished and added it to my Christmas stash. 

     I realize that card is mostly black and white but the glitter on the bow is a lovely shade of winter-y lavender and it's just so stunning.  I love any shade of purple (my favorite color) but in this case I love it because, with everything else black and white, it adds a deliciously icy sheen to this winter weather card!

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Catch the Bug
Fussy and Fancy
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Limited Runs
Outlawz Festive Friday
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Pile It On
Take It, Make It

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the simplicity of this seasonal card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Shiny and beautiful! Love the "assembled" bow too!!! I'm ready for some winter weather now.....back up to 106 heat index for today here. Oh yes, bring on winter!!
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the sparkle and the word digital stamp. Great design and your "assembled bow" is fabulous.
Faith
x

*Vicki* said...

If it's got some glitter and or shine, then I'm a HUGE fan of it and I love that darling glittery bow!! The touches of sparkle within the wording really set everything off too!! Nice CAS design friend! HUGS

Donna said...

Love the sparkle. CAS but very great card!

Lori Kobular said...

Love the silver glitter on your Winter card!

Vickie Y said...

Love the glittery glow! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

Squirrel x said...

Lovely! Love to see graphics on a card. Thanks for sharing it with us at AYLI. Hugs xx

Suze said...

I like the black and white with just a touch of colour - it gives this card a very elegant look. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends.

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love your bow!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x