Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Hedgie Witches on the Move

     I haven't done a tall and skinny card for ages, it seems, but this one for Halloween (done with a Penny Black stamp) just had to be tall to get the effect of the entire scene.  Take a look - you'll see right away what I mean.

     I adore hedgies and finding these two as witches on their broom just made me happy!  I also love making Halloween cards so that made me even happier.  :-D


     I colored the cute hedgie witches on their broom with my ProMarkers and die cut them with a Sizzix die.  I inked the edges with a deep, purple marker.  I printed and cut the sentiment with another Sizzix die.

     The background is done entirely with papers from a Making Memories Halloween stack.  I had to trim things to fit the card size but I loved figuring out the how and where of placement for the papers and scrap bits.

     I decided that I only needed minimal embellishment so I tied a black ribbon bow and added a tiny gem to it.

     Challenges:
Crafty Creations
Crafty Sentiments
Cute N Crafty
Cutie Pie
Die Cuttin' Divas
Dream Valley
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Penny Black Saturday
Penny Black and More
Scrappy Land

     OK, I'm going to take all my happiness to the kitchen and fix some dinner, then do an early bedtime.  I was up at 4:30 this morning, didn't have a nap, and sleepy time is fast setting in.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

brenda said...

It's a really fun card and I always love the Halloween colors, many thanks for joining in with our 'I Spy' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Tracie said...

Cute card. I love the hedgies also. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my word Connie this is just fabulous! I sure do love the witchy hedgehogs. Love the scene you have created.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Squeal!!! This is so stinking cute! I love Halloween and this is just the cutest witches I have ever seen!! Love it!!

*Vicki* said...

Now how stinkin' CUTE is this!! I adore your tallness of this design which makes for a fantastic Halloween scene! Those hedgies are so cute and perfectly colored my friend! HUGS

Donna Ellis said...

Love your background paper for your beautifully colored witchie hedgehogs and darling sentiment, which brought out the chuckles here! THIS is the ultimate cute Halloweenie card! Hugs, de

susiestacey said...

Great fun card, Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'I Spy' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Joy Wilson said...

This is a really fun card and makes me smile. I love the hedges! Great layout! Thanks for joining us and good luck!
Hugs, Joy
craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Megan Flynn - Papercraft Artist said...

Wow, something different I love it a nice tall card and spooky and not scary at the same time, lovely creation, nice work.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Faith
x

Helen said...

This is so cute! Love your take on our theme!
Thanks so much for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

My Paper Epiphany said...

So many wonderful elements and a great take on the theme! Fabulous! Thanks for sharing at the PBSC:)

Elizabeth Hart said...

I am loving this fun Halloween card - super cute. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Esther said...

Those little hedgehogs are adorable! Super cute card.
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

Wendy said...

Fabulous, super cute!..Thanks for joining us at the Cuties Pie Challenge:)
Wendy xx

Rae Ann said...

The paper makes such a great backdrop for these adorable hedgies. The tall card is so perfect.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

Marlene Atkinson said...

Such a cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene

Helen said...

A really great design - that stamp is perfect with the Halloween background.

Thanks for joining us at the Cute'n'Crafty Challenge.

Helen x