Friday, August 17, 2018

Tennis Star

     I love Fridays!  It means I get to share another fun card with a silly and delightful QKR Stampede image.  Our newest challenge starts today and will run for a week.  I've used "Playing Tennis."


     I colored the tennis star with ProMarkers and used water colors on the background.  I cut the image with a die from Spellbinders. 

     I found two scraps of paper in the basket, neither of them big enough to make the frame, so I cut each one (again, Spellbinders) and then layered them together on a diagonal to frame the image.  I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, and inked the edges before adding it to the card.  I used tiny gems from Stampendous for a bit of sparkle.

     Oh, you want to know what the sentiment means?    You haven't figured it out?   It was on a personalized license plate the first time I saw it.  Give up?  OK, how about "Tennis, anyone?"  lol

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
CARDZ TV
Cutie Pie
Hiding in My Craft Room
Lemon Shortbread
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Southern Girls
Stamping Sensations
TTCRD
Words to Craft By

     I hope you're going to come and play in our challenge this week.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

I love the dies you used on this fun card!!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a cute little card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Elaine Stark said...

A fun card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Linda Simpson said...

Love this card and such a quaint image too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Liz said...

What a fun card, the image really made me chuckle! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

All so much fun, love the image - the sentiment - a groan! LOL.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

Your dual colored framing works perfect for this. I have to admit I couldn't figure out the sentiment!! LOL! Fun image too.
Lynn

Becca Sadler said...

Crack me up with that coded sentiment!!! Charming card! Thanks for sharing how you resourcefully used some scraps for your background! We love seeing how crafters utilize the scraps theme every 2nd Saturday at HIMCR! Becca/DT

brenda said...

It's a really fun creation that's bound to make the recipient smile, many thanks for sharing a favourite stamp with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! Cute little tennis player, and a great use of color in the background panel cut on the diagonal. What a cute sentiment - and no, I did not "get it" until the last word of your post LOL Wishing you a great week-end! hugs, de

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun card Connie! I guess, no, I don't get your sentiment, but my guess is it's a funny one? Really loving how you've split up your die cut on this! HUGS

Teresa Arsenault said...

Cute!

Vickie Y said...

Fun image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

pinky said...

LOL this is just brilliant! Love that image! It's just beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Sybrina K said...

Connie, What a fun card! (And, I'm so glad you explained the sentiment because I never would've figured it out. LOL) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Celeste Goff said...

Such a fun card! Thank you for joining us at W2CB!

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Great card thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

Wendy said...

Fabulous fun card......Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge :)
Wendy xx