Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Flower of the Family

     Since I was the baby and only girl among the siblings, my dad always said I was the "Flower" of the family.  In my teen years, my older brother said that was because I was a "bloomin' idiot!"  lol  Whatever the reason, I used that phrase as the sentiment on this card which features an image from All Dressed Up.


I was inspired by the colors at House of Cards.

     This one is colored with a combo of polychromos pencils and ProMarkers, then cut with an Unbranded die.  I matted the die cut image piece with light blue CS and trimmed the corners.  I mounted that onto dark blue CS and put that onto a kraft card base.

     I dug through my stash of ribbon and found two, matching-in-color, ribbons from completely different companies.  I used one to wrap the card front and the other to make a 'ruched' bow to which I added a row of pearls.

     I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, then matted it with a scrap of kraft CS.  I added that to the bottom of the dark blue CS.

     Challenges:
All Dressed Up
A Perfect Time to Craft
Carlin's Card Paradise
CCC Digi Creations
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafts Galore Encore
Joy Clair
Let's Craft and Create
Morgan's ArtWorld

     Have a wonderful, crafty day and Happy Stamping!   NanaConnie

21 comments:

Monika said...

So nice... Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” August Challenge. DT Monika

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful Connie, love the image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

The flowers are really gorgeous Connie! Such a beautiful card and layout! HUGS

karin said...

A gorgeous card you've made. Love the flowers on it.
Thanks for joining the Challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
Karin
DT

karin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rosmarie said...

Gorgeous card, Connie! Love the soft colors of the flowers and the beautiful frame you gave them!
Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards
Rosi x

Lori Kobular said...

Ahh! That is sweet and you are a blooming flower! So there brother!! I love the bottles with the flowers and you colored it perfectly! I love the whole design of your card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love that sentiment and your very beautiful card.
I'll own that sentiment too. I was also the flower in amongst my 4 brothers, but I was never referred to as that LOL.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

I saw this on FB this morning and loved it - and I love it here too!!! Just beautiful!!! The ribbon treatment is so lovely.

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Such a pretty card Nana Connie, thank you for sharing with us here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and good luck with your entry. Wendy DT for
http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

Barbara Bruder said...

Hello Connie, your card is so pretty. That image is very pretty and your coloring is so nice. I especially like your ruched bow. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

Beebeebabs said...

Such a lovely card - great job!!!

Stampsnob. said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely at Let's Craft and Create...…..Lis

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, such a pretty card and design. Your colouring is fabulous too.. Thanks for taking the time to enter our current challenge. .Hope to see you next challenge and good luck in the draw..
[aNNie Design Team Member for All Dressed Up Challenges] ❣️ ADU

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

Love this card Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is so beautiful and I love your gorgeous ruched ribbon feature it looks fantastic. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.Annette DT forhttp://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

Arlene said...

Perfect title "All dressed up" for the simple image with the beautiful elements. So glad you joined us at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month.
Arlene DT for
http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation NanaConnie! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Sherry DT for http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

Stunning card and coloring, liked the story too. Glad you joined us at House of Cards! Donna

Shylaashree said...

beautiful colouring and A great card.Thanks for playing along with us at Let’s Craft & Create challenge. Hope to see you again
Shylaashree DT@LCCC
Adhiraacreations

Rachael said...

So beautiful, I love the embellishments, they set the image of perfectly. Thanks for joining our challenge at all dressed up - I hope to see you again soon, and good luck! x