Saturday, September 1, 2018

Angels Among Us

     Is it the end of the week already?  No worry - I have my DT card for the new challenge at QKR Stampede, where our theme is always Anything Goes.  How about an unusual angel?  You're never going to find a cuter one than this "Angel Mouse" image from QKR.  The sentiment, "Angel Baby" is also by QKR.  Now, I admit I've never seen a Mouse Angel but I'm sure it's something magical !  :-D


      I used ProMarkers and sparkle gel pen (on the wings) to color the image, then cut it with a die from Tonic Studios.  The sentiment was also cut with a die from that set.  The little star on the sentiment was colored with a silver paint pen.

    I found a scrap of blue star dp, cut it with a Memory Box, pinpoint, die and it made a perfect background for the image.  I also had a scrap of embossed CS to make the card front.  I inked the edges of it in dark blue before adding it.

     I layered everything together, adding the sheer ribbon between layers.  That ribbon is one of my favorites from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  It has a very light, plaid, pattern in pink and blue and is gorgeous.  I'm getting close to having to purchase it again after I used my bow maker to tie the double loop bow which I added separately.

     Challenges:
Craft-Dee Bowz
Crafty Gals Corner
Cute Card Thurs
Mod Squad
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrappy Land
Simon Says Stamp
That's Crafty
Word Art Weds.

     I really hope you're going to come and play with us this week.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh Connie, those wings look incredible my friend! I can see that beautiful shimmer on them! Darling image and a fantastic card! DT hat time - Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely adorable, love the Angel Mouse. you certainly have shown her off wonderfully.
Faith
x
PS, Yes I was spoiled by the older 3 and still are by the 2 older ones, the younger one has spoiled me when we got older, I LOVE them a lot. Thanks for your lovely comments

Liz said...

What a fun card, I love the adorable image. xx

Karin Åkesdotter said...

How sweet! Love your coloring! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation Nana Connie! Thank you for sharing with us over at Scrapy Land. Hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry x

Lori Kobular said...

That Angel Mouse or Mouse Angel is adorable and I love the sentiment and the pretty blue bow!

KathyA. said...

Connie, I always love seeing your wonderful creations. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafting Challenge this week. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

Sharon said...

Great card for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at CCT x

Barbara Bruder said...

Such a cute card and whimsical image. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

Judy Markowitz said...

What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}