Sunday, June 24, 2018

New Summer Hat

Back in  the day, ladies wore hats - highly decorated and decorative hats.  Going out without a hat was very bad taste and just not done.  I love hats and I do wish that wearing them was still in style.  Nothing starts off the summer fun more than getting a new summer hat.  :-D


     This adorable image is from Di's Digi Stamps and I knew the minute I saw it that it called for blues and purples.  I colored with watercolor paints then cut the image with a die from Sizzix.  I inked the scalloped edges and started thinking about how I'd do the background.

     Lying on my craft desk was a scrap of white lace but white just didn't make the image pop.  I grabbed my Dylusions Ink Spray (Grape) and used it to dye the lace.  The lace was marvelous when put onto white CS and really made the image the focus. 

     I found a scrap of dp in the basket, trimmed it to size, and placed it diagonally across the lace, then I added the image circle.   I sewed together one of my signature bows with a dark pearl and added it for embellishment.  The sentiment was printed, hand cut, and inked on the edges to match the image piece. 

     Challenges:
Crafter's Castle
Crafty Friends
Crafty Sentiments
Cuttlebug Mania
Digi Choosday
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lemon Shortbread
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
TTCRD

     That's it for today.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

*Vicki* said...

You image is just as sweet as can be Connie! I adore that lacey background! Oh those fancy hats in the old days were quite amazing! :) Thanks for sharing your lovely creation my friend! HUGS

Sherry said...

This Is Gorgeous ... Thanxx For Sharing With Us At Jo's Scrapshack This Challenge.
Sherry Lynn
DT-JSS

Terri Winske said...

This adorable image is highlighted so perfectly by the lace background! Very attractive. Thanks very much for playing along this week at PIP Challenges!

create.365 said...

I had to giggle when I saw your card...it reminded me of my great grandma who loved a pretty hat! Thanks for joining us at Lemon Shortbread

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the lace, the colours and the adorable image.
I'm with you, I wish hats would make a come back for most days instead of special occasions, I love them too.
Faith
x

Christine said...

Indeed, that digs looks beautiful all done in blues and purples! Love the sweet little mice and the pretty lace background! Thank you for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member

Teresa Arsenault said...

Adorable!

Heather said...

Ooo . . . that lace IS fabulous!! And what a great way to die it the color you needed!! Such an adorable image, too. Thanks for playing with Di's Digi Designs.

Anna said...

So beautiful... love it!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!
Anna Dt

Julie said...

Super cute
Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday
Julie T

Cicci said...

Ohh so sweet image and wonderful design on this card!!! Love the colours!!!!!
wonderful creation and great design !!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
Through The Craft Room Door
this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
DT member at TTCRD
Cicci With The Pen {Welcome to follow my blog}

Andrea said...

Cute image! Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes Challenge at Digi Choosday Challenge blog

Lori Kobular said...

Oh I love the lace background!! I remember my Mom and Nana wearing hats when I was little! I love that sweet image on your card!

The Craft Princess said...

Super sweet....I love the lace background! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Oh my goodness! This is so adorable! Love it! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
Blessings, Jeanie
DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com