Saturday, June 2, 2018

Daisies for Your Birthday

     By now most of you think of me as a Crazy Cat Lady and, while I share my life with felines at the moment, the truth is I'm an animal lover.  Any kind of animal; well, maybe not poisonous snakes but nearly anything else.  Never-the-less, I was  browsing the store at Di's Digi Designs, saw this darling kitty carrying a double arm full of daisies, and I fell in love.  Had to have it, had to use it right away!


     I colored with ProMarkers and pencils, then die cut the image with a Sizzix die.  I cut the pink frame with another die from that set and started my search for background dp.  I found an old Recollections stack and it had that lovely pale pink, sort-of-flowery paper.  Perfect!

     I added deep pink lace, then layered on the image.  I put 3 little, metal, brads in the corners and dug through my stash of  cut and embossed flower petals, selected a single layer, and added a small, pearl button to the center.  The last step was printing the sentiment and adding it above the image.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge (metal brads)
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Gals Corner
Die Cuttin' Divas
Digi Choosday
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Passion for ProMarkers
SUYP Cats
TTCRD

     It's the first weekend in a new month and my schedule is getting hectic.  What happened to being retired and having all the time in the world?  :-D  Maybe that'll happen again one day next week, like Tuesday or Wednesday -- or Friday.  Sigh...  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Ahhh!! That kitty with the daisies is just adorable, love all the pink!!

jimlynn said...

The kitty is darling! Love how she looks like she's sniffing those pretty daisies. Love your beautiful card Connie.
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

No wonder you had to have the image it's a darling. love the lace.
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

What a darling image and you know I would love this too. Love the card design. Have a wonderful week my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is adorable, I might just have to get this image as my folks have a kitty called Daisy so this is perfect for them, Thanks for sharing on Passion for Promarkers this week, Hazelxx

GalFridayStamping said...

Oh what a sweet image...lovely creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry.

Jane DT for  http://https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

The Crafty Den said...

Another really pretty card Connie. I love the cute kitty image and your colouring is perfect. Gorgeous papers and love the lace. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for our anything goes challenge and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Cards By MI said...

Super cute card with lovely image and colouring. Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Pamela said...

Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge with your cute card.

Pam x

Kleri said...

Such a cute card!Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again soon!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)

Debs said...

Gorgeous card, love the green eyes, I can see why you fell in love with this image, even thogh I'm a dog lady, ,thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday this week. Hugs Debra GDT

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a sweet kittie! Love the image and your colors and DP are perfectly coordinated! Yes- it is a sweet image!

Aunty Sue said...

Wonderful card thanks for sharing at PFP sorry for late comment

ike said...

That's a really sweet little kittling :-) A fur-bulous card.
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

nnalorac said...

Super cute Connie, a gorgeous card, love it. Thanks for playing along over on dis digi designs challenge. Carol xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card...Thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge and using one of Di’s images :)
Wendy xx