Wednesday, June 13, 2018

A Daisy Kind of Day

     Before I show you my card for today, I want to tell you the back story as I heard it.  A neighbor of mine asked me to make an anniversary card for friends of hers and it had to have daisies on it.  Why daisies instead of romantic roses wrapped in diamonds?

     This couple went to see a movie on their first date and she said she decided he was "The One" that very evening because he chose the movie and it was a chick flick just for her!  He took her to see "You've Got Mail" and she loved the line in the movie about 'daisies being her favorite flower because they are so friendly.'    She had two little daisies tucked into her wedding bouquet and every year on their anniversary, hubby gets her daisies - even if he has to pick them from their own garden.  :-D  What a sweetheart of a man.

     So, here's my card done for their anniversary.  The image is from Di's Digi Designs.  I wasn't really sure about a woodland mouse as the main character on an anniversary card but, while I haven't had a report from the couple yet, my neighbor who commissioned it absolutely loved it.


I started with the sketch from Cheerful Sketches.


     I used watercolor paints and polychromos pencils to color the image, then die cut it with a die from Sizzix.  The two main dp pieces are scraps from my basket and were cut with rectangle dies from Spellbinders and QuicKutz.  The yellow strip is hand-bleached CS.  All of those pieces and the sentiment pieces were inked with a distressed ink pad from Tim Holtz.

     In my stash, I found three white daisies for embellishment and added them to the lower corner.  Everything is put onto textured, gold CS which I used for the card front.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Cute N Crafty
Crafting from the Heart
Get Creative
Mod Squad
Outlawz Greetings
Outlawz Songs & Rhymes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Paper Girls

     That's all I have for today but I have yet another post pre-scheduled for tomorrow and a twofer for Friday.  Hope you'll be checking each day.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Nannieflash said...

That is such a fabulous image and you have brilliantly kept to the Yellow challenge. Thanks for joining us at PG, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

*Vicki* said...

What a super sweet image and so beautifully done Connie! Really love the story behind this as well!! I totally agree and think they are such happy flowers!! :) Fabulous take on the sketch!! WOW!! Love it and I know the couple will be so pleased!! HUGS

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous, love the design and fab image.xxx

jimlynn said...

That's a true love story! So sweet and she's very lucky to have such a wonderful husband I think. Love your card - and it's friendly looking just like daisies. So pretty with all that yellow! LOVE IT!
Lynn

LeeAnn McKinney said...

How adorable, thank you for playing along at mod squad challenge.

Priya said...

Its awesome. thanks for sharing
Priyadarshini
DT Cute N Crafty

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! what a wonderful story, soooooooooo romantic and in our 52nd Anniversary week, makes me feel all loved up.
A Fabulous card Connie and will be treasured by them and I think give them a little tear too.
Faith
x

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love that sweet mouse with the pretty flowers and I love the way you framed him out! The papers go perfectly!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, so cute!...Thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge and using one of Di’s images:)
Wendy xx

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Get Creative, good luck!!! Amy DT

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Cute image! I like your design too! Thanks for joining us over at PIP Challenges!
Hugs
Pam

Brittany M. said...

What a darling story - and fabulous card to go with it! I love daisies as well :) Thank you so much for joining us Paper Girls and our Woodland Creatures challenge this week!

Margreet said...

A lovely summery card!
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet