Monday, June 4, 2018

Beach Weather

     Well, they said the really hot weather would arrive last weekend but we jumped from 84F on Thursday to 100F on Saturday and 102F on Sunday!  I know it'll get hotter over the upcoming summer but an almost 20 degree jump over a single weekend nearly wiped me out.  I'm ready for a month at the beach!

     The image from Bugaboo Stamps was in my collection and I grabbed it to use for the Stella Says Sketch challenge (see below.)


Here's the sketch I followed.


     I use ProMarkers to color the image and added some sparkle gel ink to her sunglasses.  Unfortunately, it doesn't show in the photo so it looks like I did nothing.  :( 

     I cut the image with a Bo Bunny die which included the delicate frame that allowed me to inset the image.  The patterned, blue, dp is a left over scrap from a Recollections stack and the chevron dp is also a scrap but I can't remember the maker.  The textured, brown CS came from the scrap pile.  Come to think of it, even the image was printed onto a scrap.

     The bow is one of the wrapped-burlap bows I make but I 'dyed' this one with a purple ProMarker to match her bikini and flip flops.  Overall, this is a pretty CAS design but the dp patterns and fancy die cut make it look much more complex.

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug
Crafting from the Heart
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz Greetings
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Pixie's Snippets
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Stamping Sensations

     Weatherman says we will "cool down" to the high 90s until next weekend when the 100+s will hit us again.  Thank goodness for air conditioning!  I can stay inside and do some Happy Crafting.  :-D  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a cutie, great interpretation of the sketch.
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful, love your interpreation of the sketch too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandy Palmer said...

Too cute! Perfect for the summer! Great design! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
Sandy DT

jimlynn said...

Nice to know someone else is having a summer like us now. Our heat index for tomorrow is something like 108. Not good! It really would be nice to cool off at the beach like this little beauty! LOL! She's hilarious! Cute as can be and I love your card. The burlap bow gives it that extra touch.
Lynn

Heather said...

So cute!! Adorable little image and I love the elegant die you used to frame her! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Shelly Schmidt said...

NC- this is so cute, and I cannot imagine 80 one day and 100 the next!!! We had almost 100 and humid over Memorial Day- it was a killer! We had a wedding outdoors, then the reception indoors (thankfully!).

Di said...

Ha, ha Connie! What a fun card - and that little cutie look a bit like our Mrs A, all ready to take a dive into the Playground duck pond :) Don't tell her I said so though.

Hugs

Di xx

*Vicki* said...

I understand the warm weather as we are experiencing the same today! Your card really cracks me up with that image!! Such a fun card and great take on the sketch! :)

Viv said...

A real fun card! Thanks for sharing your make with us at Stamping Sensations!

Mrs A. said...

I heard that!

Mrs A. said...

Great card. Love the image . Hugs Mrs A.

Stephanie said...

Wow, what a great card, thanks for playing along with us at Catch The Bug.

Tammy Miller said...

Love hour card thanks so very much for joining our June Anything Goes challenge! Hope to see you again soon!

kReN said...

Darn! I wish that image was in my Bugaboo collection! It's a cutie! Thanks for joining us at the Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge this week. kReN@ http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Min said...

Too cute! :) Thanks so much for playing along with our latest Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug Challenge. We hope you'll join us for our newest challenge this week!

Hugs & Happy Days!
Min - Bugaboo Stamps DT Asst Coordinator