Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Water Spirit

     Most of us are drawn to cool waters during summer's hot days and the coast, with it's crashing waves, is often the first option for a getaway.  Last summer was extraordinarily hot in my area and I headed for ocean breezes as soon as I could.   This spectacular silhouette from Crackerbox Palace says it all.


     I used ProMarkers to color the sky and the ocean, then cut the image with a rectangle die from Spellbinders.  The scalloped frame is also a die cut (Spellbinders.)  I added two more layers of framing, one a simple rectangle and the bottom one punched with two different Fiskars corner punches.

     All of that went onto an eggshell white card base.  I printed and hand-cut the sentiment, matted it, and added it to the top of the card.  The only embellishment was the one, hand-sewn bow.

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Addicted to CAS
C.R.A.F.T.
Cupcake Inspirations
Get Creative
Outlawz PAM
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Pile It On
So Suzy/Crackerbox

     With the weather hot already, I'm looking forward to some time away in July.  The ocean breezes are calling to me.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Sandy said...

Just beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT

*Vicki* said...

That is a really stunning image Connie and I just love how you've used it here on your design! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Lori Kobular said...

I can feel the cool breeze coming off the water on your lovely card!

Jane said...

Very dramatic colour scheme, beautiful card! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Lovely card :)
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this silhouette card - Everything about it is stunning! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Linby said...

So dramatic - love it

Bobby said...

I can feel the cool breeze just looking at your card, Connie, and I sure can use one. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

Quillish said...

This is so serene. I can feel the breeze in my hair! Thank you very much for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges. Hugs, Ishani.

Tracie Pond said...

Beautiful layered frame. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

Craft-E-Place said...

Such a dramatic card. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards

Indy's Designs said...

Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie