Thursday, June 21, 2018

Beach Birthday

     I always envied my school-days friends who had summer birthday because, even though they complained about the lack of classroom recognition of their special day, they could go to the beach for their birthday!

     This cute image from Sasayaki Glitter is my way of celebrating all that summer fun.  Ice cream, the beach, and her kitty - what else could a gal need on a summer day?


I started with the sketch from Tuesday Morning,
turned sideways,
and the Color Sisters had some great inspiration.
   

     I colored the image with ProMarkers, then cut it with a die from Spellbinders.  I inset that cut into the frame die, also from that Spellbinders set.   I printed and fussy cut the sentiment, matted it with CS, hand cut that, and applied it at the bottom of the image.

     The bow is one of those I sew together by the dozens and toss in my stash for future use.  I mounted everything onto turquoise CS which became the card front.  CAS but more complex looking because of the complexity of the framing die.

     Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments
Cuttlebug Mania
Digi Choosday
Everybody Art
Lemon Shortbread
TTCRD
Tuesday Throwdown

     Catching up on all my 'favorite blog' visits is turning out to be very time consuming!  Even though I checked email pretty regularly, I had more than 200 in my inbox yesterday and that's without Blogger sending me any notifications of comments on my blog.  Whew!  So, I'm working on it but if I leave you one comment on all your posts, please forgive and understand.  :-D

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Carol L said...

What an adorable image, with such great coloring too! That poor little kitty she's holding doesn't look too thrilled about the water but what a great card! Thanks for sharing your take on the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge with us, and good luck!

Jennifer Scull said...

such a cute little image with the girl at the beach. love the dies you have used. great use of the color challenge. :)

Donna Ellis said...

Love those little drips from her ice cream cone, Connie, and the sweet kitty she is carrying around with her! Sweet as can be. I never thought about summer birthdays before - my brother has one, and he always had a great party anyway! I treasure my youth in Southern CA when we went to several different beaches. One great thing was when we moved to Santa Monica, we could go to the Wil Rogers State Park Beach every day! There were lots of rock breakers back in the day with tons of sea urchins and anemones to play with, and watch the star fish and crabs from on top of the rocks. There is nothing like California beaches, and I live in Florida! LOL Wishing you a great week-end. xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so cute. It reminds of a vinyl kitty cat I had when I was very small. My brother took the squeaker out of it, of course, as he did all my toys with squeakers. The lacy frame is very pretty and feminine in this design. hugs, Teresa

*Vicki* said...

Oh my what a sweet little image!! You've colored her up so beautifully my friend! Love all the wonderful details you add with the frame and scene you've made behind her too! Would be nice to have a birthday in the Summer...all of my family seem to be at one end or the other!! LOL! TFS! HUGS

Debbie said...

Sweet card! I love how you cut the panel the image is on! Great idea!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

CraftyNatalie said...

Great creation. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just had to pop in and comment on this fun and sweet card! I had an April b-day and was younger in class, so I always wanted a fall birthday to be one of the older in the class- first to drive, etc..... LOL I love your image- she is so sweet and love the die you added. How you make so many beautiful cards is beyond me! Thank You for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for the "Your on my Mind" challenge.
DT Shelly

Melissa Craig said...

Lovely colors and great card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Julie said...

What an adorable card
Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday
Julie T

Andrea said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes Challenge at Digi Choosday Challenge blog

Lori Kobular said...

What a cutie pie that little beach baby is!

Sabrina G. said...

È vero! Cosa altro si può desiderare?
Davvero una bellissima immagine per una altrettanto bella card 😊

Grazie per aver giocato con noi partecipando alla Sfida Palette.
Sabrina (The Color Sisters)