Friday, June 8, 2018

Fishing Days

     Salute and a good Friday morning, my friends!   We have a new challenge starting over at QKR Stampede today and our theme is always Anything Goes.  It's definitely summer weather around here and I'm getting Father's Day cards done for the three dads in my family (son, SIL, and grandson.)  Anything related to fishing always reminds me of my own dad so I used "Gone Fishing 12601" from QKR for this card.

     He always said that any summer vacation had to include a place to fish and he liked it even better if the entire vacation was planned around every day spent fishing.  :-D


     I started with a simple A2 card  design.  I love A2 and it's probably my favorite card shape and size because I mail so many of my cards and that's a standard size accepted by the post office with no additional postage.  This one will be in the mail to my son.

     I colored with ProMarkers and polychromos pencils, then cut the octagon shape with a die from QuicKutz.  I added a blue, CS, mat behind the image.

     The card front is embossed, though that doesn't show very well in the photo.  I added the image piece and then wrapped baker's twine around it.  I printed and hand cut the sentiment, matted it, and then adhered it at the top of the card.  A CAS design, perfect for a masculine Father's Day card.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Aud Sentiments
CARDZ TV
Crafty Gals Corner
Creative Moments
Cute Card Thurs
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
House That Stamps Built
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Time Out
That's Crafty
Work It Wednesday

     Thanks for stopping by and feel free to browse around while you're here.  I hope you'll come play at QKR this week.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the sweet fisherman :) Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Deb said...

Super fun card!

Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!

Debxx

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely fun card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

*Vicki* said...

That little piggy is just as CUTE as can be and this makes for a fabulous Father's Day card as well! I really need to get going on those myself...getting behind on that!! :) Thanks for joining us over at Cure Card Thursday my friend! Always love seeing your creations in the gallery! HUGS

jimlynn said...

The best days really are those spent fishing and I miss them so much. But I LOVE your card! That little pig is so cute and fun looking. What a great card and all the fathers in your life will love it.
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a fun and fabulous card, so nice to hear it brings good memories too.
Faith
x

Joyce said...

Such a fun card. Love your scene. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Heather said...

Cute! And what a great way to remember your own Father! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Ellibelle said...

What a fun card with the cute image! Perfect for this month's Crafty Wednesday challenge of "Make it Masculine", thank you so much for joining in!
Ellie

Gerrina said...

Great such a personal card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

OlgaB said...

Cute image!
Thank you for joining Creative Moments.
Hope to see you again!
hugs from Africa!
Olga

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun image and colored so nicely! So happy you played along with the Summer Vacation theme over at The House That Stamps Built!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Fab card, thank you so much for joining us at the That’s Crafty challenge blog
Hugs
Donna xx

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

I love it, NanaConnie! So very cute! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next time too!
Blessings,
CGC DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges