Friday, June 29, 2018

Creek and Paddle

     We've all heard the old expression "Up a creek without a paddle" but this little turtle (QKR Stampede - "Out at Sea") has everything securely in hand.  Our newest challenge starts today and our theme is always Anything Goes.  You can find the challenge by clicking on this QKR Stampede link.


     I colored him using ProMarkers, cut the image with a square die from Spellbinders, and punched 2 corners with a Fiskar's corner punch.  The blue die cut "splash" is a discard scrap from a die by Amy's Designs which I cut in half before using.

     Everything is laid out on a sea foam card blank.  The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the bow is one of those I make by the dozens and I dyed it green with a ProMarker.

     Challenges:
Crafty Creations
Creative Inspirations
Creative Moments
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
House that Stamps Built
I {heart} ProMarkers
Scrappy Land
Simon Says Stamp
That's Crafty
Work It Weds.

     I hope to see you playing with us this week.  We're always inspired by what you enter.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LOL! This guy is just adorable floating on his shell! You've done a brilliant job with your coloring here Connie! I know the feeling without a paddle though! LOL! Enjoy your weekend!

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

I love this fun image and your colouring is great. Thanks for entering this month's challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

Linda Simpson said...

This is brilliant and sure made me chuckle. Wonderful image and great colouring too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Love how the turtle is using his shell as a boat! Such a fun card!

Donna Ellis said...

Hahaha! Cute and colorful! Love your brilliant colors and fun layers! xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a cute image. Great card. Hugs, Teresa

Furrbster said...

Oh this is such a fun card!

Thanks for sharing it at I Love Promarkers, and also Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz

Jessica K said...

This is adorable! I love that turtle - how cute. Thanks for joining us this week at Scrapy Land!

Jess - DT

Heather said...

Very cute!! I love how he is using his shell as his little boat! The "splash" die cut is a fun touch. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! He's so cute!! I love the design!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy Freeman said...

Love it, such a fun card card and that turtle is just fab.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog.
I hope you have a great day :)

Anna-Karin said...

What a fun card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT