Wednesday, June 6, 2018

A Turtle Birthday

     Another fun and silly image from Sasayaki Glitter for their monthly progressive challenge.   Fortunately, by using it I've added one more birthday card to my stash and that's great because I have a whole series of masculine, family, birthdays coming up over the summer months.


     I used ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it and the frame with dies from Gina Marie.  Sad note - after almost 8 years of faithful (and strenuous) service, my old Cuttlebug machine had to be replaced.  It worked so well for so long, I replaced it with new Cuttlebug and I'm happy I did.  :-D 

     I printed and hand cut the sentiment, matted it, hand cut again, and added it across the image piece.   I tied a little bow, using green satin ribbon, then left it CAS after that.  It IS a masculine card, after all.  :-D

     Challenges:
Cards in Envy
Crafty Cardmakers
Cuttlebug Mania
Digi Choosday
Dream Valley
Simon Says Stamp & Show
TTCRD
Tuesday Throwdown
Unicorn

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

I had to replace my Cuttlebug a couple of years ago and immediately got another one. It was a sad day when the first one died though so I know what you're talking about.
I dearly LOVE your card! The balloons are so pretty. It's like you can see through them! Precious image and a great card Connie.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, love the sweet image. Loving the layout and sweet bow.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Oh now how cute is that face I tell you!!??? Darling card and your colors are just perfect! You've done a wonderful job with your transparent balloons too! HUGS :)

Dawn T said...

What an adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft challenge.

Dawn (DT)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful and fun card, great colours Connie. Glad your happy with your replacement "friend".
Faith
x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Oh my, how cute is this!! Such a gorgeous fun card!! Great colour mix too! Thank you for playing along with our 'For a Man/Boy' Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Creative world said...

Super fun image and card...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY challenge this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

cheiron said...

What a colorful card! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the All Things Bright and Beautiful Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Sandy Trefger said...

Super cute! I love the colors and that cute turtle! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Cards in Envy.

Swissie said...

Great card with wonderful colours!
So glad you could get a new Cuttlebug after your old one died! A must!
Thank you for joining our challange over at Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Hugs,
Swisse DT

Jannie said...

Soooooooooooo sorry to hear about your Cuttlebuggie and so glad to hear you got a new one!!! Hooray

Love your turtle!!

Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie