Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Summer Break

     I don't know about your family but summer break from school always meant splashing in the creek, catching pollywogs, toads and frogs, and maybe a little baseball for the sons or grandsons.  This adorable little guy from Bugaboo Stamps made me think of those lazy summer days.


     Believe it or not, I dug out the papers and the ribbon before I ever started coloring the image.  I already knew I wanted to do something 'distressed' so I chose the two distressed papers and die cut the flower petals from soft foam (Cheery Lynn), THEN I started coloring with my ProMarkers.  I so rarely remember to choose my papers first and, in this case, because I chose very neutral papers, it made no difference in the coloring.

     However, the ribbon inspired me to use the various shades of blue in coloring the image.  Once finished, I cut the image with a rectangle die from QuicKutz, and I used a craft knife to distress the edges.  I did the same with the first paper but left the background paper as it was.  I punched one corner of each of the papers plus one on the image, using a Fiskars corner punch.

     The dragonflies were done with a die from Die-Versions.  I printed and matted the sentiment, cutting both by hand, then added the two layers of flower petals with a pearl in their center.

     Challenges:
Allsorts
Catch the Bug (middle row)
Crafty Friends
Di's Digi Designs
Dragonfly Dreams
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz PAM
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Stamping Sensations

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely card Connie and your little fella looks ready for his summer vacation. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fabulous image.xxx

*Vicki* said...

You've certainly picked out an adorable image to use! I love your coloring and your distressed papers turned out to be the perfect compliment to this design! Well done my friend! HUGS

Christine said...

Darling card! Love summer vacation and this adorable image that you colored so beautifully! Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Wendy L said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Really nice card x

Billie A said...

Sweet card and yes I remember those awesome summer fun times growing up and also with my kids. Your card is so cute and great coloring. Thanks for using a Bugaboo image. So glad you shared over at Catch the bug.
Billie A
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge GD

pinky said...

This is just adorable! Love that wee image. Thanks for joining us this month at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Alison said...

This cute little boy looks so relaxed and just ready to enjoy his summer holiday. I love your colour combo and card design. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Di's Digi Designs.
Alison x

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is a perfect summer vacation card!! Thanks so much for joining us this at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, elizabeth (DT)

Jean said...

Such a sweet crd love it, its great when you can manage to sort the layout before the colouring .
Jean xx

Suze said...

Great boys card and wonderful that it brought back such special memories for you. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Denise Goeldner said...

Wonderful boys card, love the added dragonflies too. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
Denise (Owner of LPOCF)