Thursday, June 28, 2018

A Dragon's Gift

     Today I'm sharing my card for another of the progressive challenges in which I play regularly, this one at Dragon's Lair.  I'm using it for one more masculine birthday card since I use quite a few of those throughout the summer months.  Males were popular in my family from May through September.  :-D


     I wasn't sure what color combo I was going to use when I started coloring this image but I love what happened to it during the process.  Can you believe I started with pale green dragons?  They just didn't work once I decided on the purple wings.  So, I grabbed both khaki and tan ProMarkers to cover the green, blending the colors with the blender as I went along. 

     I cut the image and the frame with dies from QuicKutz.  The image was printed on a piece of scrap CS, and the frame piece was also in the scrap basket.  There was just enough of it to cut the frame.  The three purple dp strips all came from cutting a scrap and I inked the edges of them once they were cut.

     I thought three sets of three, tiny pearls would be a simple embellishment and they dressed up the card without making it feminine instead of masculine.  I printed the sentiment, hand-cut it, and again, inked the edges.  Still a simple design and flat enough to mail easily.

     Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments
Cute N Crafty
Digi Choosday
Dragonfly Dreams
Everybody Art
Pile It On
Pixie's Snippets
TTCRD
Unicorn

     I'm already thinking about some more vacation time next month and trying to make sure all my various DT projects are done and pre-scheduled.  I'll have to figure out how to get all the progressive challenges done.  Fortunately, I'll be home the early part of the month and the last part so I'm sure I can make it work out.  :-D   Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Doreen said...

What a fabulous image,love the card.xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Love those dragons! You colored them perfectly! That die that you used to cut them out is great too!

Linda Simpson said...

I love this Connie, gorgeous card as always. Just home from Florida and trying to catch up. Please forgive me for not commenting on all your fabulous work while I have been away, some fabulous creations as always.
Hugs
Linda xxx

NanaConnie said...

Seems only fair, my friend, since I did the same thing earlier this month when I was away and will probably do it again next month when I travel for 2 weeks. :-D

*Vicki* said...

Connie, this card is absolutely adorable! Love the colors and how you've put them together on your design! I have mostly males in my family, so I seem to always need masculine creations! (Probably why I'm drawn to soft pastel colors! LOL!) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love the white gel pen accents on the older dragon. The little one is just TOO cute. hugs, Teresa

Nélida Cordón said...

Awesome! Pale green or not, they are perfectly coloured.
Love the card!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs
Hugs

Di said...

Great card and I love the colours you chose for these cute dragons.

Hugs

Di xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Love your make, thanks for joining in the fun at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday, Liz x

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Love those dragons! Thank you for entering in CuteNCrafty Challenge Blog
CuteNCrafty Mommy

Theresa said...

great colour combo. works so well with dragons. thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx