Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Under the Sea

     OK, now that I have all those who read the post title humming that song in their heads...  :-D   This sweet mermaid image is from Lemon Shortbread and this is one of the images I chose when I was a winner at one of their recent challenges.  Of course, I also went on a shopping spree so maybe this is one I bought - I don't actually remember.


     I colored with ProMarkers, added glitter ink to the bubbles, then cut both the image and the dp frame with Wonky Square dies from Spellbinders.  Instead of lining up the frame exactly with the image, I turned the frame a quarter turn which seemed to accent the 'wonkiness' of the die cuts.  I also cut the printed sentiment with the smallest wonky die but this time I had to do it in two cuts, moving the die before the second cut to fit the size of the sentiment.

     I used a scrap of mesh 'ribbon' and I think it added to the ocean theme.  I found the seahorse charm in my stash and used it as the primary embellishment.  I wanted the design to be as CAS as possible so that the image would be showcased.

     Challenges:
Crafty Creations
Creative Moments
I {heart} ProMarkers
Ike's World
Outlawz Festive Fri
Polkadoodles
Scrappy Land
That's Crafty!
Work It Weds.

     That's all I have for today but it's good to be back into my normal routine.  I'll be catching up on all my missed visits and comments so bear with me.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Sall said...

Gorgeous card thank you for participating at Ike's world challenges.

*Vicki* said...

Wow that is such a gorgeous image and I just love the wonderful coloring you've done with her Connie! The fishing net and wee little sea horse make such great accents too!! HUGS

ike said...

Hahaha - yep, got the song in my head now LoL :-D Super colouring. Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog


Jennifer Scull said...

such a pretty image that you have colored so nicely! fun little sea horse embellie, too. :)

aprettypinkpeony said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles. Good luck with your entry! ~Pam-DT

create.365 said...

gorgeous card and I love the texture you used...aren't Vera's mermaid images just so much fun to work with? Thanks for joining us at Lemon Shortbread!

CraftyNatalie said...

Great creation. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers this fortnight.

Grietje said...

Beautiful colouring! And I'm a big fan of bling, so love the glitter on the bubbles. Thank you for sharing this lovely work with us at Creative Moments. Hope to see you again next time.

xx Grietje
DT Creative Moments

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such a lovely card..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugsxx Deepti Aggarwal

Dorthe said...

Such a sweet summery card, beautifully painted .
Thank you for adding it to That`s Crafty Challenge blog.
DT , Dorthe

Fliss said...

A lovely card and the mermaid is so sweet.
Thanks so much for joining in with our summer challenge at That's Crafty! and wishing you luck.
Fliss DT x