Friday, July 14, 2017

Seaside Fishing

     I'm lazing at the beach this week, avoiding the continuing heat at home, and probably watching pelicans just like this one!  It's our new challenge today at QKR Stampede and we have our usual "Anything Goes" theme with the optional twist of "By the Seaside."  How appropriate considering where I am.  :-D

     My card this week uses the QKR image called "Happy Pelican" and this isn't the first time I've used it.  It's just so fun and funny and perfect for any summertime card.


     I colored with ProMarkers and gel pens, then die cut the image and the frame with pinpoint rectangle dies from Memory Box.  The dp is a scrap and I distressed the edges of it with scissors before adding it to the light-blue background.  I also distressed all the edges of the background cardstock.  I wrapped it with sheer, turquoise ribbon before layering it onto the card front, then applied the hand cut sentiment.  Simple, masculine, and fun.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Color Crazy
Crafting from the Heart
Crafting with an Attitude
Creative Fingers
DL.ART
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Simon Says Stamp
Take It, Make It

     I hope you're enjoying yourself as much as I am and, for those friends of mine wasting away in the glare of that southwest sun, get inside and craft, you idiots!  What are you doing venturing out in that heat?  What do you think you are, a mad dog or perhaps an Englishman?  lol  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Connie, love the image. Have a wonderful break away.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! That image is too cute Connie! Really loving the water in the background too!! Oh you lucky girl...really hope you're enjoying your time away! :) HUGS

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

What a cutie card!!! It makes me dream of summer and seaside! I can't wait to go to the beach!!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - we hope to see you again next week! Zoey

Terri Winske said...

Your image IS perfect this week, as I think there are a lot of people either enjoying time at the beach or wishing they were enjoying time at the beach!! Beautifully created card....I enjoy all of your work....and gain a lot of inspiration from you! Thanks so much for sharing this at PIP Challenges!

Creative world said...

Fantastic card with awesome and fun image and fabulous coloring...Thank you for joining us at COLOUR CRAZY CHALLENGE
Željka DT xx

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Hey, young lady, you need to check out PIP Challenge winner's for last week...I don't usually tell winners but... You need to claim out. 😀

harada57 said...

I don't usually tell winners but... You need to claim out. 😀

gclub