Saturday, July 8, 2017

Snowman with Birds

     Well, we escaped the heat for a few days but now I'm back in my house watching my poor city swelter under the 5th day of the second heat wave of the summer and it's supposed to last another 12 days.  "Heat Wave" is defined as 3 or more consecutive days of over 100 degree F temperatures.  If it does run the full 17 days, it will break the record for the longest heat wave this area has had since they started keeping records.  Sheesh!  No wonder I'm running away again, and this time I'm headed for the beach for a week where it'll be 25 to 35 degrees cooler.  I may not come home until October.  :-D

     In the meantime, I'll share with you another Christmas card made with a snowman I had colored up who-knows-when and put into the folder where I keep images I've colored but nothing else has been done with them.  It was colored so long ago that I don't remember who makes the image.   If someone recognizes the image, please leave me a comment and let me know.  I'd love to give proper credit.  I can tell you that the sentiment came from QKR Designs.


     Even though the image had been colored (looks like ProMarkers to me), it was still on the original half sheet of CS on which I had printed it so I grabbed one of my Gina Marie dies and cut it.  I found a scrap strip of snowflake paper and a length of silver ribbon and used them both on a kraft CS base.  I wanted this one very CAS so that's all I did for embellishment.

     Challenges:
A Snowflakes Promise
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Hazelnut's
Die Cut Divas
Get Creative
Merry Monday
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Ribbon Girl
Scrapper's Delights
Unicorn
Whoopsi Daisy

     I'm home in this heat for one more day and tomorrow I take off with my daughter and youngest grandson for a marvelous time down along the California coast.  I have posts pre-scheduled so you won't even miss me but I'll be missing most of you since it's unlikely that I'll have anything even close to a reliable internet connection.  Besides, who wants to surf the net when one can be surfing (or watching surfing) at the ocean?  If I don't get by your blog to visit, you'll understand why.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Doreen said...

Love the fab image and design.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Oh what a fabulous snowman! I love my snowmen, I bet you could do with him in your house keeping you cool! Have a wonderful time at the beach!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Marie Bingaman said...

I love this snowman! Who am I kidding, I love ALL snowmen, but this one is especially cute! Gorgeous coloring too! :)

Arlene said...

I love the coloring on that snowman. Such a fun card and I love the message. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I LOVE your card! This is just too cute! Nicely done! Always glad you share your cards with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

Monica Maier said...

I love the coloring on the snowman and the edge of the diecut! Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's!

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is a gorgeous image and you colored it beautifully. I thought it might be Dearie Dolls, but the style is a little different. The style seems familiar, but I can't place it either. Maybe someone else will know.

We have just started getting a few days where I can wear a skirt or shorts; still kind of waiting for summer to get started here. But I would rather have this than the heat wave you are experiencing. I hope your air conditioning keeps working well.

Sticky hugs,
Teresa

*Vicki* said...

That snowman is stunning!! He has stolen my heart and I sure wouldn't mind seeing a bit of snow today as hot as it is!! LOL!! HUGS

Donna said...

An absolutely gorgeous Christmas card.
thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl July card challenge.
Good luck!
Hugs, Donna xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a darling snowman image and I love the die cut frame you used!! Spotted this beauty at Merry Monday's Summer Link-up!

SewPaperPaint said...

What a precious card - I love it! Hugs, Autumn

Aunty Sue said...

he is a stunner and think if he is rubber could be from sugar nellie or whipper snapper

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Sweet Card. Love your coloring. I do the same thing sometimes. Color up and image and put it aside for a future date. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Scrapper's Delight . AJ DT SD

Nancy said...

Beautiful card. I LOVE snowmen!!!

Lady Joyful said...

Cute card - that snowman is so cute :) Congratulations on winning the Summer Link-up at Merry Monday!