Monday, July 3, 2017

Mushrooms in the Forest

     The challenge has returned to Sparkle n Sprinkle and I'm playing in it again.  I've used the mushrooms from the "Nature" stamp set and they were such fun to color.  One of the fun things about mushrooms and other such fungi is that they come in so many different colors that you can do nearly anything with them.



     I decided on a near neutral color pallet with some pale salmon and honey yellow thrown in.  I used my ProMarkers and then cut the image with a die from QuicKutz.  The sentiment is printed with a computer font, then cut with another die from that same QuicKutz set.

     Wanting to stay with that woodsy, natural idea, I tore some woodgrain CS (a scrap which needed to be used up instead of tossed out) and layered it behind the image.  The yellow bow was hand tied from gingham ribbon.  Finally, in keeping with the sentiment, I added something very tiny, sitting on top of one of the mushrooms - an itsy bitsy, die cut (Gina Marie), mouse.  Can you find him?  You'll have to look closely.  :-D

     Challenges:
A Perfect Time to Craft
Brown Sugar
Crafty Addicts
Kraftin' Kimmie
House that Stamps Built
Jo's Scrap Shack
Morgan's ArtWorld
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Scrapper's Delights
Simon Says Stamp

     That's all I have for today but I'm wishing each of my USA friends a marvelous 4th of July celebration tomorrow.  Let's hear it for patriotism -- God Bless America!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and love the sentiment. I am so loving the dies you are using lately on your cards too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design and fab image.x

Annie Collins said...

Fantastic card!! Thank you for joining us at Fun-day Friday Challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack.

Annie - DT Member - Jo's Scrap Shack
littlewingscreates.blogspot.com

*Vicki* said...

I saw your card in the album and I wanted to be sure to stop by here to tell you that it's stunning Connie! Love your layout design too!! I don't have any of their images, but those images they had are so cute...so I will be playing along for sure! :) Happy 4th of July to you my friend! HUGS

Laura Volpes said...

Love this card!!! Thanks for playing in the Friday Funday Challenge!
Have a great day,
Laura

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Connie,glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built! Donna Repeat Impressions DT

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Such a sweet image! Great design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Glenda Atkins said...

Wow, awesome card Connie, the colouring, the design and the sentiment rock!
hugs
Glenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

With both my hats on Connie, I LOVE this card, the colouring and colours are awesome, so beautiful, yep! found the mouse too, great addition. Thanks for sharing this card at Morgan's Artworld AT%G challenge. Faith DT

Heather said...

This is beautiful! I love the fabulous dies you used and the woodgrain paper is fabulous for that image. Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built and Jo's Scrap Shack.

Mel said...

Beautiful card and sentiment! Thank you for sharing with us over here at "Morgan’s ArtWorld" and best of luck with your entry.

Melanie DT for http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/

Arlene said...

How pretty. I love the colors. So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.

Danielle Vincent said...

This is so very pretty! Nature themed cards are so difficult for me to do but I absolutely love them when other make them! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges!