Sunday, July 23, 2017

Peaceful Lion

This is another card done for the "Fur or Feathers" challenge at AuroraWings.  This is one of those cards which took off in an unintended direction but I love the end result.

     As you may know, I've been on a Christmas card binge this month, influenced by all the "Christmas in July" themes and my own need to get nearly 100 cards made before the Christmas holidays arrive this year.  But when I started with this image, I thought I was taking a break from those and working on a birthday or perhaps even an encouragement card.

     Well, you can see the result for yourself -- red and green dominated and then demanded a sentiment appropriate to Christmas.  :-D



     I really didn't intend to have a red and green color combo.  I started by coloring the lion with my ProMarkers and then the poppies seemed to insist on being red poppies.  Of course, we had to have green leaves (in various shades) and by the time I finished with all of that, it seemed almost irreverent to add another strong color to the red, green, and gold so the remaining flowers stayed white and her dress joined the poppies in being red.

     After pondering the card for a bit, I changed my intended sentiment and added the sparkly silver ribbon.  I dug out some glittered ribbon and sewed up the bow just for this card.  Yep, it had morphed into another Christmas card !

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Color Inspiration
Crafty Friends
Hiding in My Craft Room
Paper Nest Dolls
Stamping Sensations
SUYP Cats

     OK, no more excuses - I have to get back to the household chores.  I didn't get everything done as I had planned yesterday and sitting at the craft table was such a seductive idea that I worked on this late into the night instead of finishing my laundry and cleaning the kitchen.  I have a couple of shopping stops to make with my daughter later today and will have to get up in just a few hours to meet her at our agreed time but I'm going to finish up the kitchen before I go to bed.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Levi Dominic said...

keep the good work!

DonnaMundinger said...

Brilliant, Connie! My first thought was Christmas when I saw your bold coloring of Circe with her Lion. Unexpected image but it totally works, especially with the fab sentiment. You really are on a roll with your Christmas cards! I love your creativity and thank you so much for joining our Fur and Feathers challenge (for a 3rd time, YAY!) at Aurora Wings. xxD
P.S. Your first entry is fine. LOL

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, love the colours they are so vibrant and very Christmassy. Enjoy your day.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Your second sentiment choice is just perfect with this incredible image, Connie! How spectacular to use it as a Christmas card. Your beautiful coloring is brilliantly festive and suitable for this creation to become a piece of home decor for the holidays. Lovely! xx

brenda said...

A really glorious floral creation and perfect for our Floral theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Miranda said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Hiding In My Craft Room! Miranda DT

Diane Louise J said...

Hello, Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is gorgeous, lovely colouring and fits perfectly with our ‘Floral’ challenge theme… please join us next time and good luck in the draw.

Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Sally H said...

A Gorgeous floral creation! beautiful colouring! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Nana Connie, I LOVE how you colored this image!! The classic red-green-gold Christmas colors look vibrant and awesome here. Your use of white of the paper gives the clean and elegant feel to the whole thing. I love it! Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings Challenge! Mitzi xx

ike said...

Stunning Christmas card and that image is so perfect. :-) Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Teresa said...

Such a bold and dramatic colour scheme for this technically difficult image. Well done!! Thanks for joining in the AW Feathers and Fur Challenge - good luck and hope to see you again!! Teresa DT