Sunday, July 2, 2017

Waiting for Mail

     Today I'm sharing another card I used for the Card Chain Challenge wherein the participants exchange friendship cards, sometimes internationally, and this is the one I did most recently.  I used that wonderful mailbox image from Beccy's Place again, and also used the sketch and colors from the CCC challenge.


    

     The image is colored with my ProMarkers and then cut with a rectangle die (Spellbinders.)  I used a Fiskars punch to round off the corners.  The turquoise frame was cut with a die from Cheery Lynn.

     I found a scrap of ribbon in my stash and added it to the card front, then layered on the frame and image piece.  Finally, again using scraps, I made the sentiment piece and added it.  I kept it as flat as possible with very little embellishment because it was being mailed.

     Challenges:
Aussie Digital Artists
Catch the Bug
Colour Crazy
Crafty Catz
Di's Digi Designs
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz PAM
Polkadoodles
Take It, Make It

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Beccy said...

I really love that gorgeous border NanaConnie, the colour is beautiful and the shape is wonderful. It makes me think of those beautiful old wrought iron fences that surround old buildings. I really like your take on the sketch too, the placement of the sentiment is great! Well done.
Cheers,
Beccy

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful interpretation of the sketch and colours. Love the image and wonderful frame.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Christine said...

Connie, you did a wonderful job with the sketch. Great image, and I love the sentiment on the triangular shape! So glad you joined the challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack this week.
Blessings,
Christine
DT
http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

Another one of my favourite images, wonderful job on creating this card, and I adore that die cut frame.
hugs
Glenda

Angie said...

Great use of the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us in the Polkadoodles Challenge.
Angie DT Polkadoodles

Sherry said...

Gorgeous Card .. Awesome Sketch Use,Thanxx For Playing With Us At Jo's Scrapshack...
Sherry Lynn-JSS DT

Naomi Johnson said...

Fabulous project. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Connie, love the pretty frame. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Digi Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely image, a SUPER card too.
Faith
x

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is lovely thank you for joining into our challenge at Polkadoodles Challenge
Michelle DT

Stephanie said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug!

Tammy Miller said...

What a beautiful project very pretty coloring, thank you so much for joining us at Catch The Bug. Hope you join us again soon!

Nathalie said...

So gorgeous card! Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
Nathalie DT