Thursday, July 13, 2017

Courting Froggy

     Today I've scheduled a post with one of the silliest, most delightful frogs ever seen.  The image is from My Stitch Back in Twine and is available as a freebie for the challenge at Aussie Digital Artists challenge.


     The expression on his face is so sublime and the gift he offers so typical of a suitor that I just had to add that sentiment.  Do any of you remember a song from the early 50s by that title?  My dad used to play the guitar and sing it which is probably why I remember it.  :-D

     The image and sentiment are printed directly onto the front of the card, then colored with ProMarkers.  I found a leftover outside piece from a die cut I used for another project (Amy Designs die) from which I had already cut and used a corner.   Rather than trash the rest of it, I layered it around the image on this card.  The open corner looked a bit odd so I took out my ProMarker and a ruler, and inked around the entire thing, making it look like a completely separate piece had been put on the card front.  Amazing!

     The teal paper was embossed for the other project before cutting it so I had some unplanned but great texture on this card.  Happy circumstance.

     Challenges:
Addicted to CAS
A Gem of a Challenge
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Friends
Hiding in My Craft Room
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz PAM
Scrapper's Delights

     That's all for today.  See you when I get back.  Oh, wait, there's another post scheduled for tomorrow and we'll hope it posts as set.  Come by and see it - it's another of my fun DT posts for QKR Stampede.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! I just love this "zen" froggie!! Such a cool design on your card too my friend! HUGS :)

Wendy L said...

Mr. Froggy is so cute on your card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends, xxx

Ellenor Emilsson said...

Haha love the cute frog and your cute card :)

Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS - Ellenor

Christine said...

Gorgeous cute take on the Animal chall.. thanks for a sharing with us @ AGOAC this wk.

smiles Christine x

Saba Noor said...

Wonderful card!! Good Luck with your entry. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge!
DT - Crafty Calendar Challenge
Creative Paper Boutique