Saturday, July 22, 2017

Collie Christmas

    I'm not done with doing Christmas cards quite yet and since there's still more than a week left in July, I guess I can continue to increase my stash of Christmas-in-July cards.  :-D

     For this one, I used a darling image from AuroraWings.  The minute I saw it, I knew I had to color it as a collie puppy.   I have a friend who has raised and bred collie show dogs for many years and this will make a perfect card for her this year.


     The puppy is colored with ProMarkers, then die cut and framed (die from Spellbinders.)  The background is embossed with Swiss Dots.  Both ribbons came from my stash and the sentiment is from QKR Stampede, hand cut and matted with a scrap of the embossed CS.  This is a small card, only 4" x 4".

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Christmas Card
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Di's Digi Designs
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz Festive Friday
Ribbon Girl
Send a Smile 4 Kids

     I'm off now to get errands run, do some shopping, and then come home and get some of that dreaded housework done.  No time for crafting today but I do have a post already scheduled for tomorrow, a result of staying up late last night.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Connie, this is gorgeous, I love this cutie.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Anne Temple said...

This is so sweet! Great coloring of this cute little guy.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is totally precious, Connie! You've framed that adorable puppy so beautifully and the dots embossing adds just the right touch. Love how the ribbon matches his fur color, too. Love, love, LOVE! Thanks so much for joining our Fur and Feathers challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Glenda Atkins said...

Cute, cute, love that image and adore your die cut,wow! Ya,I seem to be in the Christmas mode still. Sure I will get it shortly! LOL!
hugs
Glenda

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge and good luck!
Monica - CCC DT

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 343 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too x

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Always love seeing Christmas stuff all year round. I love how you colored the puppy as a Collie puppy, Nana Connie. I had a beautiful Collie decades ago myself and I am very drawn to your lovely Christmas card. Thank you for playing at Aurora Wings Challenge! Mitzi xx

Christine said...

Super cute Christmas creation thanks for sharing with us at AGOAC this time. .

Smiles Christine xx