Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Beach Combing

     Happy 4th of July, USA!

     Summer is upon us and that means travels to the mountains for some of us or off to the beaches for others.  Today I chose to celebrate the beaches (where I'll be next week!) and chose this fun and fabulous set from MHK Designs.  Beach combing was a bit different back in the day.  :-D


     I actually used two different images from that set and blended them together.  I colored with my ProMarkers, and then hand cut the images to put them together.  They are layered onto a die cut and embossed frame (Amy Designs die) and that went directly onto the card front.

     The textured ribbon is from my stash, as is the sheer ribbon I used to tie the triple-loop bow.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Addicted to Stamps
Crafty Catz
Delicious Doodles
DL.ART
Fussy and Fancy
Hiding in My Craft Room
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Ribbon Girl

     I hope your day is as cool and restful as I'm sure mine will be.  Nothing like getting away from it all.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous card Connie!! I love the Vintage style image and the pretty details with your layered frame!! Hope you enjoy the beach!! :) HUGS

Christi Conley said...

Lovely card Connie!! Love the colors ~ hope you are enjoying your trip xoxo

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great card, love the vintage images and the die. In case I don't visit before next week (you know me LOL) Have a Great trip.
Faith
x
Faith
x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch, good luck!!! Amy DT

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

It almost feels like going back in time with this sweet beach-scenery card. I love the images you've used and the soft tones you used in coloring.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Beautiful vintage creation; a very sweet image and lovely die pattern.
Thank you for joining MHKDesigns July challenge. Happy crafting always.
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
MHKDesigns Design Team
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

Shawna said...

Fantastic card!! Your use of the MHKDesigns digis is just wonderfully done!! Your subtle color combinations give it that vintage feel.. And you die cut is the perfect finishing touch.. thank you for joining us at House of Cards.
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna DT

Mynn xx said...

Such a fun and fabulous summer creation, NC! I love the beachy colors and vintage feel! Thank you for joining us at MHKDesigns! Sending HUGS! Mynn xx

Julie Odil said...

I love the vintage feel of this, Connie, and it's great to see a MHKDesigns image. Great job! Thanks for joining us this month at MHKDesigns. Julie, DT member

Jessica K said...

SUPER sweet card! I love the vintage vibe it's giving. Great job! Thanks for joining us this month at MHKDesigns Monthly Challenge!

Jess - DT
www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca