Saturday, July 15, 2017

Christmas Candles

     Quick post this morning since I'm probably sleeping in after a week at the beach.  It's exhausting watching all those waves roll in hour after hour, you know.  :-D Actually, I got home in the middle of the night and then added this post and toddled off to bed.

     One more card for my Christmas stash with this lovely Poinsettia Candle image from Delicious Doodles.


     I've had this image for two or three years and I don't think I've used it but now that I realize how lovely it is to color, I'll probably use it at least once each season, maybe more.

     The holly leaf frame is also one from Delicious Doodles.  I colored both of the images with Shinhan markers, then die cut the frame with a rectangle die from Spellbinders, and fussy cut the candles before adding them to the frame with dimensional tape.

     I wrapped lace and ribbon around the card front and layered on the frame, also using dimensional tape.  I 'dyed' the bow with ProMarkers so that it would match the ribbon I had woven through the lace.  Finally, I added sequins to the frame corners for a bit of sparkle.

     This photo just doesn't do justice to the dimension or to the sparkle but it was the best I could do and still get this post done before heading off to bed.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Hazelnut's Extra
Cute Card Thurs.
Fussy and Fancy
MarkerPOP
Merry Monday
Outlawz Greetings
Polkadoodles
Southern Girls (flowers/image/ribbon)
Stamping Sensations

     Today I'll be starting on my long "catch up" visits to all my favorite blogs.  I wish I was going to have time to comment on every post all my fav bloggers have made while I've been gone but that just isn't going to happen.  Still, I have to see all the marvelous creations everyone has posted so I'll be visiting everyone later today.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

D.Ann C said...

Lovely coloring and great light perspective!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely image and you've coloured it beautifully. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations. Sandra x

brenda said...

A really super Christmas creation for our July Flowers theme, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Angie said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with us over at the Polkadoodles Challenge.
Angie DT

Diane said...

Very pretty image and beautiful coloring as well...thank you fo rjoining nour challenge at Fussy and Fancy!
Diane FAF DT {Nellies Nest}

pinky said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you have coloured this stamp. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Bev said...

Beautiful, traditional colours.Wishing you the very best of luck from everyone at Polkadoodles

Shylaashree said...

very traditional christmas card.
Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Shylaa DT@Polkadoodles
Adhiraacreations

sweet art designs said...

Love the bright green! Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas Challenge Extra - Myrna DT. Also check out Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - a weekly “themed” Christmas Challenge & Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge - a monthly Patterned Paper Challenge

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Beautiful coloring! I LOVE the classic colors for Christmas! Thanks so much for joining us at MarkerPOP!
Lisa

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Southern Girls, well done for making a start on your Christmas cards! Good luck, Julie.x

Janet *Craftica* said...

Wonderful make! Thank you for playing alone with us at https://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
Janet DT

harada57 said...

thanks

เล่นบาคาร่า