Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Good to be Queen !

     I once had a friend whose favorite phrase was "It's good to be the queen!" and she really meant it.  :-D  Unfortunately, she lived in the US where there are no titles or royalty.  So my phrase was, "It's tough to be queen in America."

    But working on this image (from AuroraWings) made me think of both those phrases and either would have worked as the sentiment but I went with the kinder, gentler one.


I took my colors from the refreshing photo inspiration at 

     I wanted the card to be as CAS as possible so I printed the image right onto the card front along with the sentiment.  I colored her with my ProMarkers and added pale blue chalk to the lightest areas of her dress.

     I found deep blue, satin ribbon in my stash and tied it around the card front, then added the hand-sewn bow.  That seemed to be all it needed so I did nothing further by way of embellishment.

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft
Aurora Wings (feathers in her hair)
Chalk n Stock
Cute Card Thurs.
Jo's Scrap Shack
Morgan's Artworld
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
World Wide Open DT

     My second post for today with the next project for the daily challenge in the week-long Christmas-in-July at Catch the Bug will be live shortly.  Be sure to stop back and see the next of my daily installments which started last Saturday.  My Christmas card stash is growing magnificently!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Christine said...

The story about your exchange with your friend brought a smile as did this wonderful card. The details of the image agree gorgeous, and the white space lets it shine. Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack! Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Connie, love the sentiment and wonderful image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the image and the colours you used, the CAS style suits her perfectly. Such a pretty card. With both my hat and my DT hat on. Thanks for joining us at Morgan's Artworld ATG challenge. Faith DT

DonnaMundinger said...

Saw this gorgeous card on the Outlawz but it took me a minute to see the feathers in her hair, Connie. Brilliant! I so love your colors, CAS design and fab sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Aurora Wings. xxD

DonnaMundinger said...

Was a bit tired when posting my comment and went back to read your post again. What a cute story but hey, aren't we all Queens in America? LOL xxD

Sherry said...

Beautiful ..Thanxx For Sharing With Us At Jo's Scrapshack
Sherry Lynn
JSS DT

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

Love the queen!! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Vicki DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Gorgeous project, Nana Connie! Beautiful CAS design with white and great use of shades of blue. Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings Challenge! Mitzi xx

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Such a beautiful creation you have made here. I love it and very nice work too.
Apologies for missing in action since June but had bad accident and have not been able to comment on entries, just starting to do a little bit now.
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Monia said...

Beautiful card! Thank for joining us to thecolorsisters