Friday, February 23, 2024

Waiting for Spring

     Another Friday, another Crafty Catz challenge.  As always, our theme is "Anything Goes" but the optional theme, which you can use if you wish, is "More than 1 Fold."  We are sponsored this time by Beccy's Place and I used the Spring Window from the Seasonal Windows set.

     I decided it would be fun to try a double gate fold but this time I turned it horizontal so that the top and the bottom both unfold.  I used pale lilac CS for the card base, and added a strip of scrap dp to the edge of the top fold.  The image was fussy cut and attached to only the top of the card front.  The sentiment was also fussy cut, matted, fussy cut again and layered on. I had a tiny rectangle of the scrap paper left so I just added it to the top corner.


 Closed


Open

     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Beccy said...

Great idea for the fold NanaConnie! I like the way you've cut around the image and added the small sentiment. Fabulous choice of cardstock and patterned paper too... they have a lovely spring vibe that works perfectly with the theme.
Cheers,
Beccy

Kampin' Karen said...

Nana, I saw this first at PIP but it wasn't my turn to comment so I didn't, but I am now because I'm also commenting on behalf of Creative Creases. I love the stone and spring field, along with the fun fold. Thank you for entering both challenges!
Karen, DT

Kampin' Karen said...

If you can change the word "field" in my comment to "feel", I'd appreciate it. I didn't proof read before I posted :-)

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a great gatefold card, Karen! I like your window so much! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support! And don't forget to submit your card at Double Trouble, who is partnering with us this challenge. You can find them here: https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2024/02/Challenge-160.html
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

R's box of dreams said...

So pretty. Beautifully coloured and love the fold.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges.

Hugs,
Renata

Pamela Duncan said...

Such a pretty image from Beccy's Place that you've used. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Pam CT

Helen said...

Great card and a clever fold.

Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Beautiful card - and a clever fun fold! So happy that you shared it with us at the Creative Creases Challenge this week! And - I love your fur-kids, too! :)