Saturday, February 24, 2024

The Family Grows!

      This card I'm sharing today I made for my newest great-grandson, Jackson Wade, who arrived on Thursday, February 22, the day after my oldest granddaughter's birthday!  I'm so excited!  Not only that, we have another great-grand baby due in late August.  No word yet on the gender but I personally am hoping for a girl to help balance out the ratio of (too many) males to (not enough) females in my grands and great-grands.  :-D  I do love making masculine cards but that may be primarily because I have so many males in the family compared to the sprinkling of females.

     This adorable sleeping baby image is clip art from - oh, my gosh, I've forgotten.  I'll edit this post when I track down the company.  When I bought the set of images, I saved it into a folder called "Babies" instead of making a new folder with the company name on it so it'll be a search of long deleted emails to figure out who made it.  

     The original color of it was too bright a blue for what I wanted (more on the pastel side) so I printed it in very light, gray scale, then colored it with Sanjoki markers and water color pencils, blended with gamsol.  I cut the image with a QuicKutz die, then found two pieces of blue paper in the scrap basket.  I used those for the background, added the image and sentiment (cut with an Avery Elle die) and called it finished.  A CAS design but with geometric patterned dp instead of white space.  To my mind, geometrics make for great masculine cards.


I pulled my pastel colors from the mood board at Inkspirational.

     Challenges:

     That's all for today and I'm going to take the rest of the weekend off.  No computer, no social media, no phone... just time for me, watching TV and reading.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Super sweet baby and and such a precious image. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, Patterned Paper Challenge.

Marjeta said...

OMG! This is super cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Penny's Challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a delightful image, love you printed in greyscale and coloured it. Must try that sometime? Congratulations, on a new baby boy. As for a smattering of gender. My dad was one of 11 boys! He had 4 boys and a girl, the boys all had girls. The girls had more girls than boys. I wonder if it's a pattern? So I know about making male cards too. :)
Hope you had a good weekend. x