Friday, April 1, 2022

Count Your Easter Eggs

      It's a new month, this time April, so that makes today April Fool's Day but we have no tricks or jokes in the new challenge at QKR Stampede.  We just want you to have fun playing along with our Anything Goes theme, every 1st and 15th of each month.

     For my DT card this time, I chose to use an image called "Easter Girl."  I flipped the image side to side before printing.  I colored with ProMarkers using a combo of purple and turquoise green, one of my favorites.  I actually like purple and nearly any other color for color combos.  :-D

     I cut the image with a die from Spellbinders, then inlaid several of the pieces in the bottom half that drop out of the frame so that I could keep that portion of the image intact.  The background dp and CS (including the glitter CS) are all from different Recollections stacks and all 3 of them happen to be scraps or recycled bits left over from previous projects.  

     I printed the sentiment, cut it with an Avery Elle die, and matted it before adding it to the card.  My final touch was the row of recycled rhinestones (from an old cell phone case.)


      As You Like It asks if we prefer Recycling or buying new.  I always prefer using up a scrap or recycling something because I hate seeing things go to waste.  Only the tiniest scraps actually make it to trash can in my house.  It saves on the budget, too!  :-D 

      Challenges:

      I hope you're going to come play in our challenge.  Remember, it's an Anything Goes theme.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Lori m said...

Darling card, beautifully colored, hugs, Lori m

*Vicki* said...

Such a sweet little image and wow do I love the color palette you've used on this too! Of course the sparkle is especially attracting me!! Lovely Easter style card! HUGS

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

Elaine Stark said...

So cute and lovely colours. It is great to use little scraps, so satisfying. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Diane said...

Adorably cute and such a pretty color combo! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Darlene said...

Oh Connie, this is just precious! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. AND, If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that I have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

Tone K. said...

Great card with funny and pretty image :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creataliciuos! :)

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card Connie and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

Roberta Cercato said...

Ciao! Il tuo progetto mi piace molto, grazie per aver partecipato alla Challenge di Mirtillamente.
Buona fortuna e spero di vederti presto!
Roberta - Ambassador Mirtillamente