Monday, January 3, 2022

Dress Up Day

      Sorry this post for the new Your Scrapbook Place challenge is late but there was a mix up as to whether I was sharing it for the start of the challenge month or as a mid-month reminder.  :-D  I'm posting it now and will do another card for the mid-month.  

     Our theme is always "Anything Goes" and our sponsor this month is Paper Nest Dolls.  They generously provided images to the DT and I'm using "Dress Up Avery."  I remember those long ago, childhood, days of playing dress up.  My Grammy had a fabulous attic with trunks of old clothing and the attic was given over to being a playroom for the grandkids.  The trunks were always available to us as long as we put things back in them when we were finished.

     My blog is named for that wonderful space.  :-D

     I colored with ProMarkers, then found the frame in a stack of scraps which I save just for things like this.  The frame is on top of the image and it's the leftover negative of a Dare 2B Artzy die cut.  I trimmed the image piece to fit it.  The background is ombre CS from a stack by Recollections.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die, and the edges were inked.  I tied the bowtie bow using a scrap of lace and narrow satin ribbon for the wrap.


     Challenges:

      Come play with us, won't you?  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog. Happy new year 🎉

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

*Vicki* said...

Wow, what a darling card! I absolutely adore the image and how you've colored her up! The pinks are perfect for her too! Nicely done Connie!

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh how cool is this project. Love the image, colours and design. Nice work. Looks great. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

Fantastic coloring! Precious image!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Gem of a Challenge!

Jill, Polkadoodles DT

Tiny Treasure Workshop

Full d'Scrap, Anna said...

Great card, lovely image and nice colouring!
Thanks so much for joining us at Colouring in Scrapland Challenge!
Anna (DT member)