Saturday, January 8, 2022

Winter Birthday

      It feels so good to be back coloring up Conie Fong digis!   I was on a break for nearly 2 months and I really missed them.  :-D  The one I used today is called "Emily with Penguin" and she comes in 2 different versions, this one and one with braided hair.  The set also has Christmas sentiments but, as you can see, she works well as a 'non-Christmas' winter image.

     She's been colored with ProMarkers, then cut with a stitched die from Die-namics.  I framed the image by cutting a diagonal scrap with the same stitched die and layering the image into it.  The "icicles" above the image were made by using a scrap bit of CS from which I had cut a large sentiment using a Memory Box die.  That was for another project but as I was about to toss out the leftover bits, I saw icicles and held onto the scrap.   A few days later, and it was perfect for this card.

     I printed the birthday sentiment, then cut it with an Avery Elle die.  The bow was hand-tied using some very old crinkle ribbon and I added a small, metal brad.  


     Challenges:

     Remember, at Conie Fong we have two challenges each month; one is for completed projects (like this one) and the other is for coloring of images only, without having to turn them into a card or other project.  Come play - all you need is a Conie Fong image to enter one or the other!

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card love the sweet image. Alison x

Donna Walls said...

Lovely colored image and card design; very wintery. Thanks for entering your lovely project in our challenge at the Colour Crazy Challenge. Donna

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful and girly card Connie, I love it. Gorgeous colour mix also.
Faith x

*Vicki* said...

What a cutie pie she is and I can see why you missed coloring one up! Really beautiful card layout with the blues and oh that penguin cuddle is precious!

Michelle said...

Aww! So lovely! What a sweet little girl! Beautiful job coloring and layering!
Thanks for participating in the Gem of a Craft Challenge! ~Michelle, DT Polkadoodles